Engine Block Top Coolant Flange and hose.

NEW section - if you're having a mare with Vagcat and need a quick answer stick your requests in here. Keep things simple and only reply if you know the correct answer.
Don't know German? look here
Forum rules
Be clear - e.g - Mk1 Bumper clips, Mk2 filler neck - 55l tank, Mk2 wiper motor (single wiper) - you get the drift?
stys0n84
fill in the right answer: 15

Engine Block Top Coolant Flange and hose.

Post by stys0n84 »

Wanting the part no for Engine Block Top Coolant flange and hose for a DX 1.8 ENGINE.

Start off slow and methodical, that doesn't work so shout curse and hit it till it works.

ianaudia4

Re: Engine Block Top Coolant Flange and hose.

Post by ianaudia4 »

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
stys0n84

Post by stys0n84 »

Thanks Ian. Don't know why I didn't think to do that myself. Forgot I had VagCat tbh. Just a little niggle this one the flange isn't sitting flush to the block and abit of coolant is dribbling out when the system cools. There's a weird wide spacer/washer on the bottom fixing for the flange and that is nice and tight whereas the top bolt is shorter and doesn't seem to tighten up.

Don't know whether the o-ring/flange have gone or its just been put back together Alf arsed after the coolants been flushed.

Start off slow and methodical, that doesn't work so shout curse and hit it till it works.

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

I would try a new seal first, your dealer probably still sells them (no doubt not from stock!) and new bolts as well!

stys0n84

Post by stys0n84 »

Got one from America. 57 cents. Postage $8.67! Still cheaper than UK though

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

stys0n84 wrote:Got one from America. 57 cents. Postage $8.67! Still cheaper than UK though
How much from the dealers? I find that VW Heritage are more expensive for some items that the dealers still stock, oil filter £6 from Heritage, I bought 2 from my local dealer on Saturday at £3.20 each!!!

stys0n84

Post by stys0n84 »

My local dealers (walkinshaws) are a joke mate. They don't have anything and don't want to know unless its a new vw. They don't carry synta oil or anything.

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

They don't sound good! I use a couple of dealers in the Essex/London area both spot on a will always discount where they can.
When I lived in Durham, I used either Benfields in Newcastle or Pulman in Durham, both really helpful and again tried to discount as much as possible.

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by the edmundator »

I'm afraid that the new breed of dealers are not really selling cars, but finance. That's why they aren't interested in old cars and won't stock second hand models that more people can actually afford to buy (there's rarely anything much under £10k on a dealer forecourt, and most will be £15k+).

It's no surprise that they also aren't interested in stocking parts for owners of the older models; they just want you to sell your old car and get a new one you can't afford on finance.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

the edmundator wrote:I'm afraid that the new breed of dealers are not really selling cars, but finance. That's why they aren't interested in old cars and won't stock second hand models that more people can actually afford to buy (there's rarely anything much under £10k on a dealer forecourt, and most will be £15k+).

It's no surprise that they also aren't interested in stocking parts for owners of the older models; they just want you to sell your old car and get a new one you can't afford on finance.
Oh too true! It's funny though when they launch a new model the dealers try and get old models in to show the pedigree and evolution.