Distributor 1992 GTII Mark2 1.8l

NEW section - if you're having a mare with Vagcat and need a quick answer stick your requests in here. Keep things simple and only reply if you know the correct answer.
Don't know German? look here
Forum rules
Be clear - e.g - Mk1 Bumper clips, Mk2 filler neck - 55l tank, Mk2 wiper motor (single wiper) - you get the drift?
rosie
fill in the right answer: 10

Distributor 1992 GTII Mark2 1.8l

Post by rosie »

Hi, please does anyone know the part number for a distributor? My mechanic says one thing, and the internet says another.
Thanks

1992 GTII 1.8 black
Brighton
Running it into the ground
mark1gls

Re: Distributor 1992 GTII Mark2 1.8l

Post by mark1gls »

Do you know your engine code? Is there not a part number on your old dissy? What's wrong with your old one?
This any use?
http://www.partsbase.org/vw/scirocco-sc ... stributor/

Questions, questions, question... :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
rosie

Post by rosie »

Image0212.jpg
Thanks Mark.
Not sure about my engine code. The engine's a cut'n'shut cos half of it got replaced a few years ago. The only number I can see is the VIN, is that the same thing? It doesn't help that everything's written in german.
The old one is making a lot of noise, the revs are all over the place, it won't start, and stalls every time I brake. The rotor arm has definitely gone, but my mechanic has said I should replace the whole thing. He's normally a patch-it-up person, so it must be in bad shape.
I can't see a part number on it without taking it out, and I need the car to limp around in at the moment. And everything is so seized up that I don't rate my chances of getting it out and back in again without breaking something.
Thanks for the that parts diagram - it's making my head hurt, I might have to come back to it later.
My mechanic had an old broken one in his workshop that he thinks fits, the part number for that one is 034 905 205L. But nothing on the internet corroborates that. This is the one he had. Look familiar to anyone please?

1992 GTII 1.8 black
Brighton
Running it into the ground
nolegjoe
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by nolegjoe »

Although this is a 2 year old post, maybe this info will help someone using the search function.

This website (http://www.ignitioncarparts.co.uk/PartL ... %271748%27) stocks a load of distributor and other ignition parts for the scirocco. They also repair old distributors. There are a few variations on distributors for the scirocco, so it's best to get the model number off of the old distributor, if possible. If no model number is visible, you may be able to send the part to them for repair/identification.

Hopefully this helps someone out there.