1.8t insurance cost

For all insurance related queries. Opinions expressed here do not represent the official view of Scirocco Register. If in doubt contact an insurance company or broker.
Forum rules
Ask away but please remember that most advice in this section may not necessarily apply to you and your situation. If in doubt contact an insurance company or broker.
essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

1.8t insurance cost

Post by essextom »

Just started my 20v conversion, it's got a k03s turbo and should be running 180bhp ish. Going to phone and get insurance quotes Monday but was wondering what other people pay? Just a rough ball park. I'm 32 9yrs ncb and no points. Cheers

Nate

Re: 1.8t insurance cost

Post by Nate »

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it below 200, unless you live somewhere really dodgy

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
Village Idiots

Post by Village Idiots »

Classic insurance is the way to go if you do less than 5000 miles per year.
I have a multi car policy for 5 cars, 3 of which are off the road. The 2 I use on a daily basis are a standard Scirocco Scala and a much modified Corrado. The latter has an R32 motor, giving over 250bhp, Quaife diff., lowered, 17" alloys, uprated brakes. Costs me about £450. The advantage of having 2 cars on the go is you can do more miles and if you have a problem with one, you still have a car to drive! I don't have a more modern car.

bengould

Post by bengould »

I pay about £250, at 33, no points and no NCB (doesn't count for a classic policy).

That is 5K miles per year and all mods declared.
Through RH insurance.

Ben

essextom

Post by essextom »

Cheers