installing existing bits I have:

In car entertainment: stereo; speakers; portable devices etc
duncancallum
fill in the right answer: 10

installing existing bits I have:

Post by duncancallum »

Right I have some gear floating round to stick in the rocco.

2 x 7x10's
1 x amp
1 x 10 disc changer
1 x head unit and remote

Where do people stick the gear. The shelf is already holed by a previous owner for 6x9's so the the 7x10s will drop in.

I might not bother with the disc changer and just run a 3.5m to phono lead to my phone. But I like to hide the componets as i dont trust people.

Id rather not stick the amp on the parcel shelf as its to easy to pinch.

So what do people thinl?

fonzooorooo

Re: installing existing bits I have:

Post by fonzooorooo »

It depends how hot your amp runs, how phisically big it is and how much trouble you want ot go to!... Under seats, rear footwells, behind dash, behind rear arches, false boot floor with amp underneath, build flat rear door cards, and fit the amp behind there...
It'd be worth beefing up your parcel shelf if you're putting heavy 7x10"s in... A few minutes with a bit of timber, board and glue, and you could quickly build a very subtle "stealth" shelf if you want to hide your speakers too. Dead easy on these cars with a big, flat shelf as standard...

Junglist

Re: installing existing bits I have:

Post by Junglist »

My amp's in the passenger footwell hidden by the rubber mat. If you don't use the changer, can I have it please? Mine's just broke.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage