Cassette Player for GT's

In car entertainment: stereo; speakers; portable devices etc
Lukeh17
fill in the right answer: 15

Cassette Player for GT's

Post by Lukeh17 »

Does anyone know which Blaupunkt Cassette players were used in the GT's? Mine is 88. I have a price list of all the VW Cassette players that were used but it was in 86.

Thanks

hiltow

Re: Cassette Player for GT's

Post by hiltow »

By 1988, digital tuners were starting to become common as factory fitted or manufacturer spec equipment. Blaupunkt Cambridge models seems to have been quite popular.

Mine's a 1986 GT, which has a push button Blaupunkt London MR21 fitted. At this time, I don't think ICE was fitted at the factory as different cars seem to have different stereos fitted. I spoke to someone who worked at a VW dealer in the '80s who said that dealers had a stock of equivalent level models (usually Blaupunkt) that they would fit to new stock cars. Seems odd, but tallies with my own observations that original stereos in Sciroccos of the same age vary quite a lot but are generally the same spec Blaupunkt London's, Hamburg's and Cambridge's.

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Cassette Player for GT's

Post by the edmundator »

I've had a couple with Blaupunkt Melbournes fitted.

Panasonic was the other make that dealers would fit - my 1989 Golf has a Panasonic CQ-825FNV (snappy name, huh?).

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX