1986 Scirocco GT auto 59000 miles MOT Mar 2021

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.

Moderator: Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
Eagle1
fill in the right answer: 15

1986 Scirocco GT auto 59000 miles MOT Mar 2021

Post by Eagle1 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:53 pm

Year - model - price - location
1982 - Scirocco GT Automatic - £1250 ono

Model: Mk2 Scirocco GT automatic
Year: 1986
Mileage: 59,000
MOT: March 2021
Current owner: YES
V5 present: Yes, can transfer online
Can assist with transportation quote dependant on your postcode.
Price: £1500 ono
Contact Details: Message me or reply on here
Pictures. Send a contact email
Link. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Qx4ZDyZzEDr5Rw3W9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jWyi3oYirRJnuMJaA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ohbyAexRdkEhjzb66

Additional Information:

Please read it all. It's a rolling restoration and with not too much work could be a daily driver.
Firstly, apologies for the picture link. I'm having problems uploading but got this far. I'll add some more later. I do have a load from when I got the car and stripped it out and apart before it was MOTd. Send me an email if you want them.
It is currently MOTd until March 2021. Mileage is just over 59, 000 but I have no history with it. Its a 1600 Automatic with a Weber conversion but I do have the Pierburg that came off it.
I picked this up and after being off the road for 9 years put it back on. Its probably done under 1000 miles in two odd years. The only welding required at that time was the lower 4 inches of each rear wheel arch and some small patches on the rear valance, which I think has been changed in the past. It does not require any welding that I am aware of at the moment. All the body kit has been off and replaced but not bonded back on.
Its had the following. The fuel tank was removed, cleaned out and painted. It's body space was repainted and waxoyled. New under car hard fuel lines and all rubber ones. New fuel filter and separator.
New rear brake drums, shoes, cylinders and bolts and handbrake cables. New front discs, pads. New shocks all way round but I think the fronts may need checking, common bump problem which I wasn't aware of when I did them.
Body has dents and dinks. It has the two way sunroof which does work and no leaks. Paint polishes up okay and has worn thin in a few places. It has been touched in in the past.
Interior headlining is showing signs of wear. Seats could do with being refurbished. I do have a set of GT seats in the same trim. They are in pieces with new cables but need a couple of bolsters. There's plenty of material.
Engine has a Weber conversion with manual choke. New cam belt, water pump, thermostat, radiator, heater matrix. The head has been off and skimmed, with reground valves. The timing/accelerator cables could do with being reset. New two rear exhaust pieces.
Electrics, typical, some work some don't. I've added an extra water temp gauge. Wheels are Snowflakes done at home.

I know that I have forgotten stuff but will add it as I remember. L et me know if you need more information. I know a few vehicle movers so can get a quote for transport to you. Car has to be paid for before leaving. I do have the current V5c and can do the sale online for you.

I do have a set of 5 Storm alloys that I could swap the tyres onto if you don't want the Snowflakes. I also have a spare block and auto gearbox.