1980 - Scirocco GLi - SOLD - Bedford

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

1980 - Scirocco GLi - SOLD - Bedford

Post by the edmundator »

Model: Scirocco GLi
Year: 1980
Mileage: 83,000 approx
MOT: May 2019
Current owner: Me
V5 present: Yes, in my name/address
Price: £7,995 ono
Contact Details: Send me PM for contact details

Additional Information:

I'm the third owner from new, previous owner from 1984 until I bought it in 2016.
Has had paint and bodywork following accident damage in the past but other than this is an unrestored car.
Was returned to the road in 2016 following a long period of garage storage which has kept it well-preserved.
In my ownership I've replaced all five tyres and the front dampers (standard).
This is an excellent usable example of a fuel-injected mk1, rather than a concours contender, so there are blemishes here and there but nothing that requires significant remedial work.
The car featured in Practical Classics earlier this year in a group test comparing classic cars with their modern "retro" versions, photographed at Rockingham Circuit alongside a mk3 Scirocco GTS. It was shown on the Scirocco Register stand at the NEC Classic Car Show in November 2017.
I have sourced a NOS set of identical rear mudflaps to replace the missing one, but not found time to do it myself yet. The headlining has come unstuck around the sunroof aperture internally so needs some attention but doesn't cause the headlining to hang down or interfere with driving the car.
All in all a beautiful example that I would happily keep if I had more space and time.

Pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmtK5Ca7

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX