1981 Mk1 GTI (no engine/'box) - £2000 - Nottingham

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

1981 Mk1 GTI (no engine/'box) - £2000 - Nottingham

Post by the edmundator »

Model: Mk1 Scirocco GTI
Year: 1981/W
Mileage: Around 114k
MOT: Expired June 2013
Current owner: Me
V5 present: Yes
Price: £2000 ono
Contact Details: Send me a PM for further contact details
Additional Information:

I bought this car from another forum member in 2014. It was in more or less exactly the same condition then as now, it has been stored in dry garages and currently a dry shipping container since then.

It is a complete and reasonably solid shell, though there is clearly some filler in places and I was planning a full bare-metal restoration.
There is no mention of rust on any of the MoT history from 2006 to 2012, so clearly it is not a complete basket-case and you might be able to get it onto the road without going to the same lengths I had planned.
The engine blew up and was removed by the previous owner, along with the gearbox.
This would be a sound basis for a project with an engine conversion of some sort, unless you fancy hunting down an original EG lump.

The car was originally Baikal blue, but we think it's current colour is a close shade but not Baikal (perhaps Monaco blue).

It is a genuine GTI, with the correct interior, and very recent Newton Commercial carpets.

Please see the attached photos for general condition, I can't take any more as the car lives in Nottingham and I live in Bedford.

Viewings are probably possible, but I will have to liaise with Ant at Rust Republic, who has been looking after it for me.

I've just moved house and taken on a major renovation project, so I've made the decision to slim down my fleet of cars, partly to help fund work on the house, partly to make my life less complicated!

Pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmjtyykw

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
accyimp
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 1981 Mk1 GTI (no engine/'box) - £2000 - Nottingham

Post by accyimp »

Looks good at that price! GLWTS.

Vwhoarder
fill in the right answer: 15