Volkswagen Scirocco GTX (16v) For Sale

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
SciroccoSam
fill in the right answer: 15

Volkswagen Scirocco GTX (16v) For Sale

Post by SciroccoSam »

For sale is my 1986 Scirocco GTX with a 1.8 16v KR engine swap running on twin Weber 40 carburettors.

Model: GTX
Year: 1986
Mileage: Shell = 200k Engine =100k
Current owner = Sam Dunning-Blake (myself)
V5 present: Yes
Price: £4000 ONO
Contact details: 07969884977 Please contact me via mobile as I don’t check the forum often!

Exterior: The car had a glass out respray which included the engine bay being repainted, this also included smoothing the roof gutters, side strips, side repeaters, tailgate badges, smoothed aerial, colour coding the body kit/bumpers and the arches were also rolled.

This work was all carried about by a guy called Tim Ansell.

Exterior wise I’ve also fitted a custom single headlamp grille and it also has a single wiper conversion (with the existing wiper hole smoothed over)

Interior: It currently has Recaro front seats which are from an old Rover estate, I forget which one but they look like they belong on the car! Drivers side bolster is ripped, passenger side is absolutely fine. The car has no carpet or headlining when I got it, I managed to find a carpet it really nice condition which I fitted but I never bothered with the headlining although I know you can buy it from Newton commercials. I also replaced the dashboard because the original one was very far gone, the current one isn’t mint but it’s far better than what was in there before.

Engine: The engine internally is standard but externally has had brand new Weber carbs fitted (only covered a handful of miles) and a lot of the engine bay has been tidied or hidden which makes it very clean and minimalist. The car also has a custom stainless steel exhaust built by Powerflow from the manifold back which sounds pwopa nawty. When I had it rolling road tuned the car made around 140bhp and it would also pop and bang flames on the overrun which honestly never stops being fun!

Bad bits: The paint could do with a good machine polish, it comes up really nice as it is but there are swirl marks as there would be with any car that hasn’t had a good polish in a while, there are also small blemishes in the paint in places but they’re very easily rectifiable. The sunroof does need repainting as when I first got the car the sunroof wasn’t aligned properly and it scratched some of the paint off when I opened it

This car is perfect for the summer shows coming up, I took it to plenty myself and it always got a lot of love and praise from people, it’s easily one of the cleanest Sciroccos at most shows if not the only Scirocco at a lot of shows I’ve attended so grab yourself a proper gem of a Mk2!