1990 Scirocco GT2 £3750 Nottingham

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
hughpascall
fill in the right answer: 15

1990 Scirocco GT2 £3750 Nottingham

Post by hughpascall »

Model: GT2 1.8 8v
Year: 1990
Mileage: 71k
MOT: May 2018
Current owner: 8
V5 present: Yep
Price: £3750 ono
Additional information:
Time to sell my much loved and cherished Mk2 Scirocco GTII. I've owned the car for 8 years, originally using it as a daily before keeping it as a second car, restoring and modifying it over the years, just taking it out at weekends and to the shows. It's been kept dry and garaged during my ownership.

Externally the car is absolutely mint having just had a £2000 paint job that was finished in July. Every panel is completely straight, not a scratch or dent on her. It's in it's original Alpine white, but with a gloss black roof, gloss black mirrors, gloss black pillars (vinyl removed), gloss black front grille, badge, black washer jets, bonnet vents and wiper arms. The bumpers are in gloss white, with the black strips exposed. The rear lights were re-smoked by painting the raised lines in black. Side strips deleted, pillar vinyl and badges deleted, rear badges deleted, front fogs deleted, rear spoiler and wiper deleted which reveals the curved glass of the rear windscreen. The aerial is hidden and runs under the top of the n/s wing, with the hole deleted. To sum up, it's an amazing, flawless and unique paint job that looks incredible. When I took these photos, there was no polish on the car at all.

I bought it in completely original condition in 2009 with 58k miles on the clock. Since then I've done a lot of work and I've made the following upgrades and mods:
- Webber carb
- Toad Remote Central Locking, Alarm and Immobiliser
- Weitec GTN height adjustable Coilovers
- Borbet A's with polished rims and lips, with genuine Borbet flat centre caps. Staggered fit - 7.5j front 9j rear
- Stainless steel cat-back exhaust with Cherry Bomb mid box
- Arches trimmed with modified arch liners
- Clear side repeaters
- German plates with ABT plate holders (not pictured as I've not fitted them yet)

Internally the car is excellent with no rips or tears in any part of the tartan upholstery. This is really where it's obvious that its a low mileage car. Leather headlining and seat backs all in perfect condition with no sagging.

It has a JVC head unit with bluetooth, CD/USB and JVC 6x9 rear speakers in the parcel shelf which were on the car when I bought it (not my idea!). They sound good though.

The ride and handling on the Weitec coilovers is excellent as is the gearbox which is tight - I fitted new linkage and bushes. Removing loads of the unwanted bits has gotten rid of loads of excess weight and made the 1.8 8v it a fair bit nippier.

Mechanically it's faultless. I just had the carb set up again by the guy who fitted it 8 years ago. Its had a new head gasket, new clutch, wheel bearings, gear linkage, radiator, etc etc... all the big stuff basically, along with all the regular maintenance stuff like oil, filters, lines, pads, discs etc. Runs beautifully, no knocks, bangs, rattles or weird sounds of any kind. Choke for the Webber carb works great.

Got the V5, original wallet, handbooks and service book which is complete. 2 original keys and 2 fobs. Also most of the deleted parts minus the rear spoiler. I also have the original wheels. I've got a folder of receipts but it doesn't include everything.

All in all its a beautiful, unique, rare and appreciating classic in amazing condition throughout. The buyer will not be disappointed!

Think that's everything. Any inspection welcome. Sensible offers considered after viewing. Swaps try me, but must be in good condition as I haven't really got the time to invest in repairs at the moment. The car is on eBay at a slightly higher price... would much prefer to sell to the heads so let me know where your saw the ad ;-)

Car will come fully valeted. Serious interest and questions welcome. Give me a text or call.

Last edited by hughpascall on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1990 Mk2 Scirocco GT2, 71k miles, fresh paint, £4000

Post by GTXTRA »

Please use the template as per thread at top of this section.

cheers

Serial Rocco-ist.........
hughpascall

Re: 1990 Scirocco GT2 £4000 Nottingham

Post by hughpascall »

Sorry...! Fixed it

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Lovely looking car with some nice mods, good luck with the sale. :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
whiteshark

Post by whiteshark »

Beaut motor, right up my street. Looks like a great paint job. GLWS!!

hughpascall

Post by hughpascall »

Cheers peeps! Been out in it today. Having second thoughts.

EarlHickey

Post by EarlHickey »

Nicely done! is that an aftermarket sunroof I see?

hughpascall

Post by hughpascall »

Yeah it's not an oem tilt/slide, just as was when I bought it. Not sure why anyone would do that! The black roof kinda hides it a bit

G Beats

Post by G Beats »

Lovely Car.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
hughpascall

Post by hughpascall »

hughpascall

Post by hughpascall »

hughpascall

Post by hughpascall »