1990 Scirocco Mk2 GT2 SOLD

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
go-for-it1
fill in the right answer: 10

1990 Scirocco Mk2 GT2 SOLD

Post by go-for-it1 »

Model: Scirocco GT2
Year: 1/8/1990
Mileage: 75348
MOT: 4 May 2018
Current owner: Yes
V5 present: Yes
Price: £1500 ono
Contact Details: PM me please for mobile number or post your interest and I will PM you
Additional Information:
For sale is my Pearlescent Green GT2 which I have had since 2006. For the last few years it has remained under a cover in my garage, only coming out in the summer months to turn heads, do the shows and to put a smile on my face on Sunday drives, but unfortunately I have other summer commitments now so it is time someone else enjoyed it as it is a shame to leave it standing idle. I have to say though that when I bought it the mechanical side of it was terrible but the body was good with no rusty scabs or water leaking into the normal areas. Suspension springs and ARB mounts had collapsed on one side, petrol filler pipe was holed and system full of crud, engine would not run at all, gear change was all sloppy etc etc etc!! The more I looked the more I found but after major surgery over 18 months it was given the new life it deserved. The current mileage is 75348 which is genuine and it has just passed the MOT with no advisories. It has a Britax manual glass sunroof, headlining is nice and clean with no tears and the dashboard has no cracks. The tartan upholstery is tidy with no rips in seat bolsters, unused spacesaver spare wheel, and I have fitted the Audi 80 Sport, 3 dial gauge pod in the centre console with sensors to show oil pressure, oil temperature and Volts. The paintwork is in very good condition but as with all cars of this age there are a couple of body work blemishes. Bonnet has a few small dings from stone chips, there is a small dent by the nearside rear indicator and there are some scuffs on the rear bumper edge and offside wheel arch covers which I have shown in the photos.
Everything works on this car, no electric wipers or central locking to go wrong, gear change is nice and tight and engine runs sweet without any overheating. It would have no problem being a daily drive.
Work I have done or had done by the garage:
Engine oil flushed and changed with new filter and treated to Slick 50 treatment which cleared out the noisy hydraulic tappets.
Gearbox oil drained and refilled.
Brand new Weber 32/34 DMTL carb and flexi mounting plate with manual choke cable along with new engine bay fuel hoses and filters.
Fuel filler pipe replaced with a refurbished one.
New fuel pump fitted after tank drained and fuel pipes cleaned out
New rocker box gasket and seals and new coolant thermostat.
New HT leads, distributor cap, rotor arm and coil and a second hand ignition amplifier.
New VW battery and alternator brush pack
Front shocks - Brand new struts from VW (the last ones on the shelf) fitted with new Febi top mounts, bump stops and an Eibach Pro spring kit which has lowered the suspension by a sensible 30mm.
New front wishbones, mounts and bottom ball joints.
New front Anti Roll Bar and mounts.
New front brake discs and pads with braided Goodrich hoses.
All gear linkage bushes renewed
New rear Boge struts and Eibach spring kit
Rear brakes overhauled with new shoes, springs, cylinders, wheel bearings and brake fluid.
Brake fluid drained and filled with new.

I have receipts for most parts I have fitted and service history receipts from before I got it. The photos show it with 2 sets of alloys, one nice set of original 14" BBS with useable but old tyres and 1 set of 15" AWS alloys (made by BBS), which need a bit of refurbishing but tyres are like new. I also have all the correct centre caps. The buyer can choose which set of wheels they prefer and I will sell the others separately. Car is currently SORN'd but has 12 months MOT. Pics are on Flickr as I cannot work out how to attach them to the post!!
Pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/149943681@N05/50A069
Last edited by go-for-it1 on Sun May 28, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1990 Mk2 GT2 in Pearlescent green.
2012 BMW 520d M Sport
2013 Golf TDi 140bhp
Member No 1241
davido888
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 1990 Scirocco Mk2 GT2

Post by davido888 »

PM'd you.

go-for-it1
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1990 Scirocco Mk2 GT2