1979 Mk1 GLS £3000 Ribble Valley, Lancashire NOW SOLD

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
Village Idiots
fill in the right answer: 10

1979 Mk1 GLS £3000 Ribble Valley, Lancashire NOW SOLD

Post by Village Idiots »

Model: Mk1 GLS
Year: 1979
Mileage: 79738
MOT?: No(sorn)
Current Owner: Me, Village Idiots (Jem)
V5 present?: Yes, in my name
Price: £3000
Contact details: jem.lees1@gmail.com

I bought this car in 2005 and used it as a daily driver alongside my Corrado until 2000 when I took over my son's Mk2. Since then it has been laid up in a dry garage. It is with some regret that I am now offering it for sale, but being realistic, it is unlikely that I will re-use it. And I need the space. Better to pass it on to somebody who will cherish and use it. The car's history, as I know it: in 1998 it was restored by Dr Dub in Chesterfield and was voted best Mk1 at the club's (may have been the earlier club's) annual rally. It was also featured in the July 1999 edition of VW Motoring. I bought it from a guy at Tatton in 2005. Condition is excellent with an original interior (except the tape player has been replaced by a CD player), there is some wear to the driver's seat bolsters, but the fabric is not worn through. It was fitted with a reconditioned motor in 2004 after the previous owner left it without antifreeze. Since then it has done about 3500 miles. I fitted a new radiator at some point. There is some rust on the underside of the bonnet, on the door skin part of the door bottoms and also round the rear wheel arches, some paint degradation on the doors and rear side panels. In common with all Mk1s which have not been restored to Rust Republic standards there is going to be some rust damage to the floor pan, but no actual holes anywhere. I have priced it based upon Classic Car valuations as posted by The Edmundator in the Mk1 section, I think it is a fair price for the condition. As it has been off-road for so long it will need recommissioning before use. At the moment there are no sparks, engine turns over OK. If I can work this computer thing, I'll post some photos, but my skills are woefully inadequate! I have been successful in the past at adding photos to e-mails! No luck, if you are seriously interested E-mail me and I'll attempt to add photos!
Last edited by Village Idiots on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

bright blue

Re: 1979 Mk1 GLS £3000 Ribble Valley, Lancashire

Post by bright blue »

Sent you an email

Village Idiots
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1979 Mk1 GLS £3000 Ribble Valley, Lancashire

Post by Village Idiots »

This car is now back up for sale.
I had agreed a sale but, unfortunately the guy in question has decided he is not in a financial position to take the car.
So back to square one!