1991 Corrado G60 1.8 8v Supercharged, Tornado Red, Stage 4

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
mk2moo

1991 Corrado G60 1.8 8v Supercharged, Tornado Red, Stage 4

Post by mk2moo »

Hi All,
For sale is my 1991 Corrado G60.

Had this car around 5 months, yes its short but its longer than I usually keep my cars. I get bored and change often.

This is my 6th Corrado and therefore know them quite well. This is a good example and a great one to build upon.I will also say that this is one of the cheapest G60's in the market and it has a lot going for it.
I will say I am open to offers but would prefer anyone interested to view, show their intent and we can discuss further. I am always more willing to discuss the financials with someone that views.

Anyway to the details:
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Corrado G60
Colour: Tornado Red
MOT: 10th February 2016
Tax: N/A
V5 Present: Yes
Owner: Me

INTERIOR:

Overall good clean condition. The drivers seats has the usual bolster wear. The sunroof panel is missing its cloth and the boot and turret carpet is missing. All easy to source just currently at the bottom of my spend list.The windows work as they should. The wing mirrors do not work, common issue and usually due to the switch.

RUNNING GEAR / PERFORMANCE:
Car drives and stops straight, is pretty quick and very fun to drive. The car is lowered on pro sport coilovers with JR 16 x 9 wheels. All wheels have good tread and the wheels are only about 6 months old. The clutch is strong and feels good. Gear selection is smooth in every gear even when giving it the lead foot.

Under the bonnet we have a few key upgrade which add a nice bit of power but still reliable and easily usable and good to drive as a daily. So a front mount inter cooler, Stage 4 charger and 68mm pulley, ECU chip to assist the upgrades and a full stainless system from the engine back. The charger boost easy and can get to 14psi if you put the foot down. Usually a sign of a healthy charger. I am however missing recent history for the charger, this has been taken into account in the price. I have seen the receipt for the charger but have lost some recent history bits in house renovations.

There is an exhaust leak between the down pipe and the jabbasport decat pipe. The manifold gaskets were recently replaced and the the decat joint was loosened to assist in the movement. Unfortunately I didn't have a new gasket or paste and therefore there is a blow between. Easy to sort and wouldn't take much for a garage to undo, clean up and reseal. I just haven't had time since to sort it. I use it every day and its my transport to work and back.

BODY:
The body is straight and solid. The paint is not perfect and has had work done to repair areas on the rear arch from rust. Pictures of this can be seen in the link at the bottom of the ad. The sills are straight, rust free and not crushed in any areas. There are a few scratches and blemishes in the paint which can also be seen in the image file linked.
Overall the body is good, a great base to build upon.

THE BAD BITS:

1) Spoiler does not work. I have changed the switch and have a spare motor here. Not tested it or tried it yet but will be included in the sale.
2) Wing mirror adjustment does not work. I think this is down to the switch. Not bothered looking as they are set in the position I need and therefore don't need adjustment.
3) The windscreen is now cracked as of the start of December. I may try get this done through insurance but it is sold as cracked for now
4) Slight interior wear, easy to sort just got to purchase a seat, grey cloth and glue
5) Sunroof only tilts and does not slide. If you know Corrados then you know this is a common issue.
6) Minimum history, few bits have been lost during a house renovations.

GOOD BITS:

1) Strong straight and solid body
2) Reliable running engine, runs as it should every day
3) Lots of nice bolt on mods
4) One advisory on last MOT for washer jets!
5) Low price leaving room to improve
6) Cat 1 Full closure immobilser with certificate and spare fob, great for insurance

I am located in Coventry, West Midlands
I can be contacted either through here or 07456 500 887

Price is £3000

As i mentioned above I am open to offers and more willing to accept offers by those who come view and take serious inerest and show genuine interest. If you message me "What's your bottom price?" then I won't entertain discussing the financials in detail. No one will be allowed to test drive the car unless you provide proof of fully comp insurance on the vehicle, leave you license and the asking price in my possession. Not losing lots of money or my car due to someone thinking they are Lewis Hamilton on a test drive!!!!

Here is a full folder of images:
http://s629.photobucket.com/user/liambm ... rado%20g60

The below selection of images were taken on 17/12/2016