SOLD 1982/3 Mk2 Scirocco GTi £850

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
SumDarkPlace
fill in the right answer: 15

SOLD 1982/3 Mk2 Scirocco GTi £850

Post by SumDarkPlace »

Facebook link for pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... cb9a31c5f1

£850 Suffolk, UK
Email: blairlavelle@outlook.com
Mobile (evenings only): 07969257594

Gutted to have to do it, but I'll never get round to sorting it out, so my Y reg Dec 1982 Scirocco GTi (built Sep/Oct 1982 for '83 model year) has to be sold.
MOT Feb '17
88k genuine miles
1.8 DX runs well, good low down torque and brilliant economy
Fully functional Trip Computer and econometer
Correct UK double square GTi only headlights in good condition
Single wiper - Genuine
No side repeaters
Correct badges
Headlight washers
Never had a bodykit
Factory sunroof (doesn't leak, and works perfectly, rust in deflector but comes with a spare)
Small rear spoiler
Full size spare wheel well and smaller fuel tank (Early floorpan, not the later golf cab)
Period Centra Turbo wheels in good condition, with all centre caps 14x6
All original glass, not tinted
Very rare flip down bar seat belts (Don't know if they're original, but they're damn cool!)

Full interior was taken out by previous owner for another project, and replaced with tidy later seats, black dash (very slight crack), carpet and door cards. No parcel shelf, but mounts still there for the folding shelf unique to the GTi. Still got some of the blue vinyl and one small piece of blue carpet. Wiring is there for electric windows, but he took those too :(

It's had a few period mods in the past:
Scirocco 16v 256mm front brakes with Golf 16v disks (22mm)
Goodridge braided brake hoses all round
Front upper and lower strut braces
K&N panel filter, with airbox modded
Lowering kit - Springs and shocks (Don't know make, but it's old, and could do with replacing, but doesn't leak)
Supersprint (I think) 4 branch manifold (No cracks)
Home made exhaust with Jetex back box (leaks, blows, knocks, and needs replacing, but sounds like a 90's boy racers' wet dream!)
Audi 2.2 Throttle body (I think)
Believed to have a VR6 or uprated clutch. It's heavy, and works damn well, but can't say for sure.

I've done a few mods too:
Mountney small steering wheel (Original Scirocco badge one comes with it)
Electric twin fans (The original fan and cowling come with it, but fan is broken)
Headlight wiring replaced with twin relays as the lights were awful. Now they're better than my '06 Discovery!
Passat 9" servo
Seat Cupra "stubby" 24mm master cylinder (Brakes are brilliant)

Maintenance work done by me:
New brake disks (Golf Mk2 16v 22x256mm) and pads
New rear wheel cylinders and brake shoes
New wheel bearings all round
Full service inc. oil & filter, plugs, dizzy, rotor arm, K&N filter clean and oil, coolant replaced with OAT, timing, fuel injection setup by professional (Aug '15, due minor service now)
Various injection parts replaced inc warm up reg, bypass valve.
All bulbs replaced with standard Lucas.
Trip computer LCD replaced
New front engine mount
New front top mounts (although they've started to rattle after 500 miles, eurocarparts cheap shite)

Parts not yet fitted:
Cam belt kit
2 new CV joints
Heater tap
Thermostat
MK4 Golf rear calipers and Mk2 stub axles (No disks etc)

What's wrong with it?
1 bottom ball joint is gone
Both bottom arms/wishbones are rusty and could do with replacing (i'll do these and the top mounts before collection for full asking price)
Speedo cable is whining (I may fix this at the weekend)
Gear change is not bad, but 3rd/5th can be a bit tricky
Slight damage to bottom of front valance and bottom corner of wing
Lots of scratches and minor dents
Rear valance has some rust, but is repairable
Quite a few rust scabs and marks
Rust hole OSR inner wheel arch and inner sill, but chassis leg looks OK
It's just a bit tatty generally.

My plan was always to get this solid, resprayed in the original colour, and keep it. I wanted a Scirocco for so long, and I'm gutted that I have to sell up. I really do love this little crap-box, it's one of the most fun cars I've ever owned (even more smiles per mile than my old Skyline GTR!).
I know I could make a lot more money breaking this, but there is no way I could bear to do that. There are 16 GTi's left on the road, and even fewer of them still have as many of the rare unique GTi features as this.
One good weekend with the tools would have this running beautifully, another with a welder, and it'll fly through the next MOT!

essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1982/3 Mk2 Scirocco GTi £850

Post by essextom »

This is just what I'm after, could you watts app or text me some photos please. 07917844456

e732lkv
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by e732lkv »

Hi is the car still for sale?

essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by essextom »

Nope it's mine!