SOLD 1989F Scirocco 1.8 GT Notts/Derby

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
GT Matt
fill in the right answer: 15

SOLD 1989F Scirocco 1.8 GT Notts/Derby

Post by GT Matt »

Model: Scirocco 1.8GT
Year: May 1989
Mileage: 87000
MOT: until 26th April 2017
Current owner: Me
V5 present: Yes
Price: £950
Contact Details: Please PM me will number and I'll call you back
Additional Information: Factory sunroof

I purchased this Scirocco of a Register member at the beginning of the year as he'd lost his storage space as a project for my son to get into the classic car scene. I've bankrolled the restoration work but his financial circumstances have changed and can no longer afford to tax or insure it hence it being up for sale.

It's a very tidy late GT factory fitted with the 1.8 engine and the mileage of 87000 seems genuine, especially looking back at MOT history. Mechanically it's really good having had new brake pipes about 2 years ago and in April this year it had new cambelt/tensioner, new front springs and strut tops, a pair of A1 condition rear lamps, full service and a new battery. Fuel tank and filler neck are spot on too, no worries whatsoever in that department.

Body wise it is totally rust free and was resprayed about 2 years ago which was good but has lifted slightly on the windscreen scuttle where it wasn't keyed quite well enough. It also has a couple of minor dents in the bonnet and one in the drivers door but they don't really detract from the presentations of the car.

Interior is amazing and like new although the factory sunroof inner lining has dropped slightly and needs refitting. Not fitted with any stereo or speakers which allows the new owner to spec their own.

All in all, this would make a great Scirocco for someone, especially as it needs nothing doing to it other than a stereo fitting.

I've advertised this at a very keen price for a quick sale and I think it represents good value for money and is MOT'd until The end of April next year.

Matt

GT Matt
1988 Mk2 GTX