1987 mk2 gtx 155k £1000 Northampton

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
MattRocco
fill in the right answer: 15

1987 mk2 gtx 155k £1000 Northampton

Post by MattRocco »

Mk2 scirocco gtx 1.8 8v k-jet.
155k on clock will rise a little.
MOT until January 2017.
Please note this car has no back seats so is a 2 seater!

Hey guys up for sale is my beloved scirocco, only reason for sale is new job with many more miles to do so have bought a diesel for the job and have no room for the old girl.

I'll start with the bad points as every car has them!
The sunroof doesn't work, if you turn the handle there's just a load of clicking noises and no go (well it opens a few mm then stops).
The bodywork isn't great and there's been spraying on he doors which isn't good either.
I stripped the clocks to fix the usual mileage not turning over fault, fixed it but in doing so broke the speedo needle. It is taped on and works fine though just not asthetically pleasing. Also I lost one of the black covers above the led cluster in it so you can see through to the circuit board, again just asthetic.
The car is running poor from first starting, I am trying to sort it before sale but so far no luck, it will start ok then choke and splutter and cut out so needs revving up but at same time doesn't Rev well until a minute or so in when it's got some warmth in it then will run completely fine once it's warmed up a little.
Dash is warped and cracked as they all are.
It has central locking but never worked since before I owned it (currently unplugged as pump goes on for ages if you plug it in. Found petrol actuator missing and sourced one from a mk2 golf but not got round to fitting.

Now on to the good parts!!
In the past 18 months I have owned it I was restoring it back to life, it has had:
Head skim/head gasket/valve stem oil seals/valves re-seated and all other seals gaskets above.
Fully sanded underneath and undersealed (no rust found at time)
Full service including all filters and dizzy/arm/leads etc.
It failed it's first MOT pretty bad as I expected as it was close to being scrapped when I found it.
It had all MOT fails/advises done including:
Steering rack bushes/arms/track rod ends.
Rear axle bushes.
And probably many other things I'm just going off the top of my head at the moment.
Be fitted a 4 branch stainless steel manifold with straight through centre section and twin exhaust back box.
New coilovers were fitted last October and lifted back up early January so still move easy and can you can lower to suit you choice.
Has front recaro mk4 golf seats fitted, passengers is worn but not the worst I've seen. They no longer fold foward as the arms don't line up with covers and the hole are still in seat for the handles from mk4 so would need sowing shut but never bothered me.
Has all the vdo guages present and working
Multi function instrument panel for mpg etc.
Rear wiper delete with insert not rubber Bung.
Rear has carpet to cover where old seats are, not cut perfect but good enough (also not stuck down as I couldn't decide if I wanted to or not)
It's has a wind age tray in sump, the sump also has a 5mm welded plate on so its knock proof (as I ran quite low)
Has front upper AND lower and also rear strut braces.
This is all I can think of at the moment but there's probably a lot more.
Have loads of reciepts and a folder full from previous owner including high lift cam etc.
Car comes with no audio except front speakers fitted and I have tears I have purchased that will come with car as previous owner removed them but I haven't fitted yet.
In January I replaced the battery and startor motor.
It has tinted front indicators. Also the black stripped rear.
Headlamp washers (not wired up and never have been)
Upgraded cooling fans for rad.
Replaced heater motor.

I feel I have reflected the price to the bad points but I am open to close offers.
I will upload pics tomorrow as its dark outside now and they won't show up.

£1000 Ono located in Northampton

jonGTX
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1987 mk2 gtx 155k £1000 Northampton

Post by jonGTX »

This has sold

Rocco Mafia Car of Choice 2010
1989 Helios Blue Scala 16v *sold*
1994 Mulberry Corrado VR6 *sold*
1991 Tornado Red Scala GTi Engineering RE2000 8V *sold*
1991 VW Polo G40 *sold*
1990 Pearl Green Scala