Mk1 Storm 1981 project owned 27 years

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
Stormboy
fill in the right answer: 15

Mk1 Storm 1981 project owned 27 years

Post by Stormboy »

It is with a heavy heart that due to ill health I am forced to sell my mothers 1981 mk1 scirocco storm. ( noiset brown)
It has been owned by her for the last 27 years but unfortunately it has been laid up (dry stored ) for the last 7 years.
Before I start please note that this is a restoration project! I will list exactly what is needed in the listing. The car may be well known as me and my parents took the car all around the country on vw shows. In the time it has been owned it has had a complete respray approx 15 years ago but wears all original panels.
I have stripped the car of all interior parts, but not the dash, ( all safely stored and come with the car) so you can see exactly what the bodywork inside is like.
Unfortunately I don't have the time or the funds to commit to this car as I would so like it to stay in the family ( I've owned many mk1 scirocco's)
So onto the listing...
Bad bits first....
Needs both sills, and possibly one inner sill
Needs passenger floor plated ( hole about 6 inches diameter) . Also on the drivers side where it meets the inner sill bout 7-8 inches along.
Needs rear valance including the small triangle side pieces
Needs two rear wheel arch sections
The bottom of one wing plating where it meets the sill.
It will more than likely need the rear axel dropping to inspect the mounting points as both feel secure BUT quite rusty
It is going to need brake pipes fuel lines etc etc
Engine won't start but turns over ( bad fuel 8 years old?)

Good bits.....
All original panels
Both inner wings under the bonnet area are excellent with virtually no rust.
No rust around the turrets
Tops of wings are perfect not even a bubble only sign of rust on the wings is on the very bottom.
Doors are rust free with only a couple of tiny bubbles
Windscreen surround rust free as is the roof
Tailgate is rust free
All the boot area is rust free
All chrome trim is good condition
Seats, carpets and interior are very good.
Front spoiler excellent

The car will come with ALL the spares, lots of trim some new some second hand loads of spare lights front and rear indicator lights, interior trim, glass, wheels etc

I can send pictures if anyone is interested your welcome to view the car, I'm in Somerset. It's difficult to put a price on this but I guess I will start at £2000 My email is lancelitherland@gmail.com
Tel Lance on 07885661680

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Mk1 Storm 1981 project owned 27 years

Post by GTXTRA »

Please use the template.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
81GTi

Post by 81GTi »

for the interest of other forum users you should tread carefully with this chap, the last time he had a heavy heart he sold me what he described as a genuine late mk1 wing, as you can imagine a genuine wing can command a decent price and I believe I paid so. £175 but unfortunately this is what I received,Mr Slitherland then went to ground and was unavailable to answer his phone or indeed deal with the situation.

forewarned is forearmed.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Locking this for now.

Serial Rocco-ist.........