SOLD! 1979 scirocco storm

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
Rich_Rocco
fill in the right answer: 10

SOLD! 1979 scirocco storm

Post by Rich_Rocco »

NOW SOLD!

Model: Scirocco storm
Year: 1979
Mileage: just over 100,000 (will update tomorrow evening when I can check)
MOT: Yes. Expires February 2017
V5 present: yes

For sale is my 1979 volkswagen scirocco storm.
I've owned the car for around 4 years and loved every minute but it's about time I passed it on to someone who will appreciate it more.
The car has just over 100,000 on the clock which is mega low for its age
The engine works perfectly and has been well maintained and the 4 speed gearbox is also perfect (I have a 5 speed gear box complete with brand new linkages to include in the sale also incase you want to convert to 5 speed) The car has had a new exhaust downpipe fitted and a new backbox as well as new rubber hangers. It also has a new alternator as well as recent spark plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor. its also just had fresh oil and coolant.
The car has had all new brake and fuel lines fitted and new disks pads and shoes quite recently. i also replaced clutch cable very recently

The full black leather interior is in really good condition, the dash has no cracks which is rare and the rear bench is pretty much like it's never been sat on. The only bad point is some splits in on one part of the drivers seat but could easily be repaired by a professional (I'll include a leather repair kit and black dye so you could do a basic repair job to stop it getting worse)
The leather steering wheel is immaculate and I've installed a leather wolfsburg gear knob (though the original wooden one will be included in the sale)

All the electricals are working fine and I've installed a new aerial.
it has osram night breaker bulbs and uprated sidelight and fog light bulbs installed and there is also a plug and play, easy to install, uprated headlight loom included in the sale which will give you nice bright headlights. I've also installed an oem rear fog light and correct switch.

The bodywork is in very good condition. it does, however, have a few surface rust patches and rust bubbles here and there.
the bodywork is by no means perfect but it has no dents or dings and certainly no major rust or rot issues.
there is an area on the edge of the bootlid, close to where the badges are which i had to put a skim of filler in due to some small rust holes (see pictures in the build thread. link is below) this area will need welding but, again, i dont consider it to be a serious issue and the tailgate is far from rotten.
It's had a new fuel filler neck and tank installed, partial new sills and new rear arches professionaly welded in and I, myself chased away all the rust I could find on the body work by sanding it away, using rust eater, kurust then anti rust primer so it will keep it at bay for a good long time. I've had the front wings off and gotten rid of all the rust under there then painted them with hammerite and given them a good coat of waxoyl, I've also waxoyled inside all the chassis legs and much of the underside of the car and inside the tailgate, bonnet and doors (though I've made sure to keep any drainage holes clear)
The main thing that let's the car down is the paint work, it's originally silver-green metallic but it was in bad condition when i bought it and I took a lot of the paint off when I got rid of the rust so ended up painting it with Matt green rattle cans just to protect the body. Its not the best but it looks quite nice in my opinion.
The car doesn't have the original storm chin spoiler but I've fitted a duckbill spoiler from a scirocco gls which looks really nice in my opinion. I've also refurbished the rear badges.
I've fitted fully road legal pressed metal plates housed in wolfsburg plate surrounds but there are also plastic plates included in the sale.

The car has coilovers installed and comes on a set of 4, 14" 7j Fomb/king "Whey king" wheels which are motorsport wheels from the correct period and suit the car really well, they're also very rare! (I've never seen another set for sale) There's also a spare steel wheel in the boot. All have really good tread on the tyres. There's also a set of 4 locking wheel nuts with key and a set of volkswagen script wheel nut covers.

The car also comes with a box of miscellaneous spare bits and pieces along with the original manual, a Haynes manual and another workshop manual.

full logbook is present along with some past receipts and mot certificates etc and i also have 2 original sets of keys.

the car is currently sorn

heres a link to my "build thread" on here which contains a lot more history, pictures and details of work done on the car.

viewtopic.php?t=11068

heres what it looks like currently

if you wish to view the car or have any questions, feel free get in touch and i'll be happy to give you as much information as i can but please read the build thread and advert carefully to avoid disappointment. while the car is very solid and runs/drives fine, its almost 40 years old and is still very much an ongoing project.

Price: £3000 ono or £2800 ono without the wheels (though you would have to bring your own)
Contact Details: pm me here for email address or mobile number

thanks for looking.

Rich
Last edited by Rich_Rocco on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

If it's got tits or tyres it's trouble but I always go back for more.
snowbeluga

Re: 1979 scirocco storm for sale

Post by snowbeluga »

You have pm

81 Mk1 Scirocco Storm
89 Mk2 Golf 5 door VR6
Mk1ManDan
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Mk1ManDan »

Just going to PM now,

Mk1ManDan

Post by Mk1ManDan »

Has this gone yet?

Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

Pm's replied to

I've taken a deposit for the car so it's provisionally sold.
I'll update this if anything changes

Thanks for looking.

Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

this is back up for sale now as my friend can no longer commit to buying it!
apologies to anyone who was interested previously that i didnt reply to

since i posted the sale thread the car has had:

new oil sump gasket as it developed a tiny leak
new oil filter
new oil
new fuel filter
some new coolant pipes to replace perished ones
new coolant
new battery
new coil pack
new distributor cap
new rotor arm
new spark plugs (checked compression on all cylinders whilst I was there and they're all spot on)
new ht leads
new points
new condenser

its going in to my friends garage this week for a new timing belt and new outer cv boots then an mot

thanks for looking

Chris6969

Post by Chris6969 »

Pm'd

Roxanne the Rocco
Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

Pm replied to :)

Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

This now has mot and is ready to go!

stevenmk1

Post by stevenmk1 »

PM'd

stevenmk1

Post by stevenmk1 »

Hi. Is the scirocco sold?

neverweaken

Post by neverweaken »

Does anyone know if this sold?

Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

apologies to everyone that has enquired that i hadnt gotten back to

its still for sale

some additional pics as requested

engine bay (any rust you can see is just surface rust and has been throroughly inspected, poked and prodded to make sure theres nothing serious. i'll try to get it cleaned up as best i can before the sale but i didnt want to hide anything from potential buyers) :

a bit grubby but still solid (had it stored in a dry unit then a gararge since i took it off the road last year so it hasnt seen any weather or the dreaded road salt):

Nice tight, clean Headliner:

rear seats:

passenger seat and doorcard:

Pic to show damage to drivers seat (i attempted a temporary fix with a leather repair kit but it wasnt very succesfull) the rest of the seat is in very good condition:

generic interior shot:

the interior is looking a bit grubby/dusty in the pics. it just needs a wipeover really. the interior will be properly cleaned this weekend and i'll put some conditioner on the leather.

Cheers for looking.

Rich

chuckie

Post by chuckie »

Pm'd

Rich_Rocco

Post by Rich_Rocco »

Dave (chuckie) came to view the car today and although it wasnt for him and he didnt buy it, it was helpful to have a fresh pair of eyes and an outside opinion of the car so ive edited the advert based on Daves thoughts/advice on the car.

cheers for looking