1989 - Scirocco Scala (1.8i DX) - £1,950 - Bedford

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

1989 - Scirocco Scala (1.8i DX) - £1,950 - Bedford

Post by the edmundator »

Model: Scirocco Scala (1.8i DX)
Year:1989
Mileage: 91,500
MOT: 22nd December 2015
Current owner: Me
V5 present: Yes
Price: £1,950 ono
Contact Details: PM for phone number/e-mail

Additional Information:

For sale as I need to make space for a new purchase.

This is a good example of a fuel-injected mk2 Scirocco, with long-term family ownership before I bought it earlier this year. As you can see, it is very white. There is a decent amount of service history and the car has had new genuine fuel tank and filler neck recently, so no rust to worry about in the fuel system. It runs and drives as you would expect from a good, relatively low-mileage DX engined Mk2 Scirocco. The interior is almost perfect, a few marks on the white fabric, but substantially cleaner than many white ones, with all bolsters intact. The dash is un-cracked. MFA works in all settings.

Standard, apart from coil-over suspension (I'm not sure what make). The ride is on the firm side, but since I raised the rear ride-height it is now tolerable for most journeys (I found it ok for the 400 or so miles I did to and from the National meet). The rear exhaust box (or at least the tail-pipe) is not standard, but it isn't a noisy exhaust. Some of the suspension bushes have been replaced with polyurethane versions.

The original dealer number plates come with the car.

Faults:

There are a couple of small rust patches in the usual areas which would benefit from attention in the near future to prevent any major problems developing.
The sunroof mechanism is broken. It doesn't leak, but there is a little extra wind noise as the panel doesn't sit quite flat.
A small leak into the boot in heavy rain - some, but not all of the usual seals have been replaced.

Pictures:

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Kevin Boardman

Re: 1989 - Scirocco Scala (1.8i DX) - £1,950 - Bedford

Post by Kevin Boardman »

Hi there - I was looking at your August 2015 Post and would like to know if you have sold the Scirocco? - it does look to be in very good condition.

Please could you let me know - if you haven't sold the car, then please let me have your contact details (email, phone).

Thanks - Kevin

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

I've sent you a PM.

Register Member 829
--
1987 MK2 GTX
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

Now has an MoT and had a bit of welding/paint by the Rocco Grotto - so up for sale. See listing here for latest pics:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/182016285864?

Register Member 829
--
1987 MK2 GTX