1983 Mk2 1.8GTi - £3500ono - Sheffield

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
yorksrocco
fill in the right answer: 15

1983 Mk2 1.8GTi - £3500ono - Sheffield

Post by yorksrocco »

Model: Mk2 Scirocco GTI, Mars Red
Year: 1983
Mileage: 141300
MOT: Nov 2015
Current owner: Alex Wilson
V5 present: yes
Price: £3500 ONO
Contact Details: Email-wilson367@hotmail.co.uk Tel-07891627192

Additional Info:

It pains me to say that I'm looking to sell my MK2 GTI (1.8 DX engine) in the next couple of weeks. I just don't have the funds to have two cars anymore, particularly when I'm trying to buy a house!

It started off as a barn find, I bought in 2013, which was in a bit of a sorry state. Particularly the engine, as I think the valves had gone!

So, in no particular order:
Bumpers resprayed (not to everyone's taste, but they look half decent). I've taken the hella spot lights off but I still have them.

Engine professionally replaced last year for another DX engine, by Obsessive Compulsive Dub Disorder in Leeds. This was done along with a new clutch and cambelt and radiator. Mileage was Approx 139000 at the time and was also fully serviced.

Also has SAMCO coolant hoses and a new expansion tank. The fan kicks in when it's supposed to, but is also wired into a switch as a fail safe.
The engine runs brilliantly with no leaking of fluids. The only downside is that it occasionally takes a while to start back up when warm. Fuel accumulator maybe? I have a spare one I just haven't had time to fit.

The main selling point is that it had a full professional respray in August of last year and looks mint! There's a stone chip on the drivers door that's been touched up and a slight mark on the sunroof but other than that it's perfect.
I've also had the A-Posts, sunroof 'interior' and two-part parcel shelf re-upholstered. The interior is pretty good, usual cracked dash and damage to drivers seat bolster though.

In terms of the sunroof, it's had a new seal, and doesn't leak. At the moment the full mechanism isn't installed (again due to never having anytime to work on it) but I have it and loads of spares, along with a spare sunroof!

It's had 4 new speakers and all the wiring is present for a head unit (I'll be taking mine out).

It'll come with the standard plates and some 'black and grey' plates too.

I'm bound to have forgot something, so I'll add anything as it comes to me!

Cheers

Alex

**For some reason I'm struggling to add more photos! See the Forum facebook page for more!**
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: MK2 GTI 1983

Post by GTXTRA »

Use photobucket?

Serial Rocco-ist.........
GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: MK2 GTI 1983

Post by GTXTRA »

Serial Rocco-ist.........