1988 - Scirocco 1.6GT - SOLD! - Lichfield

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
Elliot-L
fill in the right answer: 15

1988 - Scirocco 1.6GT - SOLD! - Lichfield

Post by Elliot-L »

Model: Scircco 1.6 GT
Year: 1988
Mileage: Circa 108,000
MOT: Until 21st October 2019
Current Owner: Yes
V5 Present: Yes
Price: £1500
Contact Details: PM me

F Reg Scirocco in excellent condition inside and out. Rust free on the bodywork and the underside. I wasn't planning to sell it but a lack of driveway room forces sale, combined with very little use due to other vehicles (Less than 1000 miles covered between the last 2 MOT's). The car is standard apart from a webber carb, pioneer headunit, and period correct aftermarket wheels (I have a set of 5 snowflakes to go with the car, one of the four I got was buckled so I sourced a fifth. These need a refurb and tyres). I have a folder full of paperwork going back to original owner in the 80's and the original handbook.

In the last 2 years and circa 3000 miles the car has had an oil and filter change, new discs and pads on the front, the rear brakes overhauled, braided lines fitted and the system bled, a new cambelt, a new radiator and engine flush. It has also had 4 new NGK spark plugs with Magnecor leads and the rocker cover gasket replaced as it was weeping as well as new tyres all around. The car also benefits from having an OMP front lower strut brace fitted, the upgraded headlight wiring harness fitted and alpine speakers front and rear.

The only downside I can think of is that the exhaust has developed a leak as noted on the last MOT as an advisory and that the drivers seat stopped folding a few weeks ago. A cursory look over and it looks like one of the steel cables to release the mechanism has come loose and I haven't yet got round to fixing it.

Off the top of my head that is all I can think of, please PM me if you'd like anymore info, pictures or have any questions.

Elliot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Elliot-L on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'88 VW Scirocco GT
'07 VW Phaeton 3.0 TDI
Elliot-L
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 1988 - Scirocco 1.6GT - £1500 - Lichfield

Post by Elliot-L »

I could only post 3 pictures in the original post so here are a few more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'88 VW Scirocco GT
'07 VW Phaeton 3.0 TDI