[SOLD] 1989 - Scirocco GT2 (2ltr 16v) - £400 ono – Horsham, West Sussex

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
SciroccoSam7
fill in the right answer: 15

[SOLD] 1989 - Scirocco GT2 (2ltr 16v) - £400 ono – Horsham, West Sussex

Post by SciroccoSam7 »

Model: Scirocco GT2
Year: 1989
Mileage: 145,000
MOT: None
Current owner: Yes
V5 present: Yes
Price: £400 ono
Contact Details: PM

I swapped this with someone for a Caddy about 8 years ago. I then Drove it around until the MOT ran out. It was pretty tatty matte black when I bought it and so I stripped it down and painted it (roller and rustoleum, which doesn't actually look too bad :-o ). I was thinking about using it as a road legal track car but life got in the way and there it sat in my workshop. It has been kept completely dry the whole time. The metalwork is in pretty good nick. All key areas seem solid and rust free. There is just a little surface rust coming through in areas where he removed the sound deadening and primered it.

The previous owner swapped the 1.8 8v for a 2ltr 16v from a Corrado. However this is running on motorbike carbs (Honda Goldwing from memory but i do have it written down). It has been completely stripped out. Has a custom rear strut brace, bucket seats, Race harness, Perspex side windows (front and back still glass). This thing was fast. I don’t know how much it weighs but it’s not much.
Any components removed by me are still with the car.
The engine bay wiring is a little untidy but the guy had been using it for over a year as a daily driver so it was clearly mechanically ok. That said it’s been sat for years and I don’t want to try to start it in case I damage it…..and the petrol is 8 years old and it has no battery. I assume it'll need at least new fuel/oil/timing belt?
IMG_3658.JPG
IMG_3644.JPG
IMG_3648.JPG
Thought I’d put this on here before Ebay as I’d rather it went to an enthusiast here even if it is for parts. I got a lot of info off this site when i had my first GT2 years ago. I’ve been debating whether to get it on the road again for the last year or so but don’t really have the time. I’m not in a rush to sell it atm. Feel free to make me an offer.

Clearly it will need trailering!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SciroccoSam7 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swatty

Re: 1989 - Scirocco GT2 (2ltr 16v) - £400 ono – Horsham, West Sussex

Post by Swatty »

Hi, I'm interested in your car, it would be a good donor for my race car. Is it solid underneath and around the suspension turrets? Thanks.

liam_0404

Post by liam_0404 »

PM’d

Liam.

'88 Scirocco 1.6 8v GT
‘94 Golf 2.8 12v VR6
'02 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 I6
'07 Golf GTI 2.0T
SciroccoSam7

Post by SciroccoSam7 »

Sorry for the radio silence i've been away for a bit.

Swatty. Yes as far as I can see it is solid everywhere. If you PM me your email address i can send you more photos. I can probably get up to my workshop this weekend to check out for sure.

Liam, I'll reply via PM.

BlackGTX

Re: [SOLD] 1989 - Scirocco GT2 (2ltr 16v) - £400 ono – Horsham, West Sussex

Post by BlackGTX »

Absolute steal