Membership package?

Becoming a subscription member, Qs & As, Discounts
wasted
fill in the right answer: 10

Membership package?

Post by wasted »

Afternoon,

I paid my subscription for membership back in November last year, and I'm yet to receive the membership package. Any idea whether this was sent out?

Cheers!

'89 Scala 1.8i - Daily drive, Work in progress!
liambooth
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Membership package?

Post by liambooth »

I'm also having the same problem. Paid at the beginning of March but not received any package or confirmation e-mail as of yet. Just wondered did you eventually get sorted?

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hi ya, got some stickers but no other treats :( not too fussed, the help is priceless but a card could be handy for visits to GFS etc. thanks guys

Mk1 Storm
Personalised
wasted

Post by wasted »

Follow up on this - I never actually received anything at all unfortunately. I'm not sure if it was missed or what, but I do wonder why I paid the membership fee in the first place.

Ho hum.

'89 Scala 1.8i - Daily drive, Work in progress!
Jack92
Site Admin

Post by Jack92 »

I know there were a few issues with membership as there was a change in the ranks, im sure they are sorting it. I am in the same boat also

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

When you say you received nothing did you not received the email updates of sky rocket?

Just to clarify:

The membership "pack" is now almost entirely digital. On sign up you'll receive back issues of Sky Rocket, your Handbook and stickes/tax discs in the post. The only difference will be that Sky Rocket is digital rather than in paper form reducing our costs and allowing us to spend more on the club.
You'll also receive discounts on the t-shirts/calendars/mugs etc.
With regards to the cards they were stopped a couple of years ago as they were seen as obsolete. If there's enough interest there's no reason why we couldn't do them again if they were viable.

If you do have any problems please flag them and we'll jump on them.

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
haddock_n_chips

Post by haddock_n_chips »

Jim and I have been discussing this over the weekend and it looks like the "membership pack" will be making a comeback

Watch this space... :pilot:

whiteshark

Post by whiteshark »

The membership pack comeback would be great. Not only is the forum a minefield of info and great for bits and banter but official membership is very handy for insurance. Also places like GSF give discount when you show them the card, remind them of the price they quoted you on the phone and a gentle reminder of what discount they agreed to for forum members. My last two insurance companies have also asked for my membership number so a card is no bad thing. If the Forum could push for discount in Euro Carparts, Crazy quiffs and so on I' m sure a lot more users would join. Through C&R and my insurance,membership has paid for itself. Shame Footman James put their prices through the roof. Never knew members got discount on mugs and tops!!. Is this advertised ? I do love a discount / Billy bargain. Maybe an update or section updated on a yearly basis, ie discounts for members 2014 could be an idea. Would give a chance for new members to see what discounts are available through joining.

Jack92
Site Admin

Post by Jack92 »

yeah i think the pack would be a great idea. :)

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
haddock_n_chips

Post by haddock_n_chips »

Keep your eyes, ears and noses peeled

News coming very very soon

RE: discounts

Will be looking towards more offers

In regards to Euro Car Parts, i should be able to set something up if needed however i have a proper trade account with them and seperately another club discount (local VW club) and to be honest their retail prices are 99% of the time the same as the trade price so it is kinda pointless