Volkswarenhaus/Type17.de?

Post your Scirocco related Links and Tuner recommendations here
Forum rules
The most useful content will be added to the FAQ
Tee3
fill in the right answer: 10

Volkswarenhaus/Type17.de?

Post by Tee3 »

Just wondering if anyone has used them, and what the service was like?

I ordered my lower door skin from them after following a link in the "useful links" thread and recieved, it came really quickly and seems good quality, so service was excellent in that respect.

However the package has, at some point between leaving them been bent in half, and the panel inside along with it :(
My bodyshop guy says he can get the crease out, but obviously theres going to be some extra labour involved. Annoying when the only reason for buying the panel was to save his labour repairing the door and cut down on a bit of filler!

Ive contacted them and even sent pics of the package as it arrived, but heard nothing back.

Just wondering if i should tell the bodyshop to get on with the door or hold out for a contact from them and see if theres any kind of insurance on the package that may cover the costs (or a replacement).
Shame, cos i was delighted to find a firm thats doing something for mk1's. i'd like to use them again, but at the moment I have no confidence in them...

Tee3

Re: Volkswarenhaus/Type17.de?

Post by Tee3 »

Well, its over 2 weeks and 3 emails and no response.

Seems they're to be avoided.

I've been advised to speak to my credit card company and see if I'm protected there, but I guess i'll just end up taking it on the chin and forking out for the repair.
Cant wait any longer cos I want the car in the paint shop by the end of next month.

Of course this is only one instance of bad service from this company, but as no-one has any stories of good service, i'll assume its the norm.
Lesson learnt.

hall54

Post by hall54 »

If I see Florian from Type17 on my travels, ill give him a kick from you!!! He may turn up at Edition 38 Show??

'74 TS, '75 TS, '77 GLS, '78 GLS, '80 GLS, T4, Facelift T5, '92 mk2 Golf 'C' LHD
mazellann
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by mazellann »

You dont happen to know Florian's surname?

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Has anybody else dealt with this company?

If you do get some sort of answer let us know , hall54/brad - if you have friendly links with them it's probably worth pointing out to them that this negative feedback is floating around on this forum full of potential customers.

Link will be removed for now.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Tee3

Post by Tee3 »

i did get a kind of repsonse about 3 weeks after, apparently they didnt recieve the emails????

too late though Ive already paid extra for a door full of filler.

Hey ho.

I must say, the quality of the panel is really good, better than some of the Klokkerholm stuff ive seen being touted for the Mk1.
Just a shame it was bent in transit.

Risocco

Post by Risocco »

Placed an order over the net with them, won't be using them again. Lets leave it at that.

Alex

1983 GL
1986 GT
1994 Corrado VR6
hall54

Post by hall54 »

mazellann wrote:You dont happen to know Florian's surname?
Sorry mate dont know, will check E38 traders lists

'74 TS, '75 TS, '77 GLS, '78 GLS, '80 GLS, T4, Facelift T5, '92 mk2 Golf 'C' LHD
Tee3

Post by Tee3 »

Small update on this....

Body shop has tried to fit the panel, but its just not going to work. The amount of filler they have had to use to get the panel straight again is bound to cause problems down the line...
So against my better judgement, I bit the bullet and ordered another skin from volkswarenhaus at the beginning of September.
Ive heard nothing, so emailed yesterday and recieved a response that they dont supply the part anymore, and have cancelled the order (although just called my CC company and I havnt had a refund yet - may take a few days though?)

Theyre still on the website though, so I guess that means they just dont want to send them to England :?

Ive given up and just bought a door in Holland and will collect it next month.
I just hope its as good as it looks! I'm still going to need to add a mirror mount, but thats not a problem. I wish i'd done this to begin with!
I wanted the car on the road for the end of Summer, but its looking like it might be the end of October before it goes for paint.

Fingers crossed come November it wont look like this anymore: