photobucket

Post your Scirocco related Links and Tuner recommendations here
Forum rules
The most useful content will be added to the FAQ
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

photobucket

Post by james butler »

any one know why my pictures hosted on photo bucket keep displaying please update your account to continue third party hosting?

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Jerry Atric
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: photobucket

Post by Jerry Atric »

Same thing happening on the Classic Audi Forum and the general consensus of opinion is that Photobucket want everyone to become paying members.

essextom

Post by essextom »

I'm not a fan of Photobucket, I think that's the reason most people use Facebook instead of the forum now as it's a lot easier to post pics etc...

unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by unknownmale »

Seen a few people using https://imgbb.com/

- David
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

It is bad news with what photobucket have done, it could be the end of many forums as threads/guides with pictures will be worth less, I've had a problem with photobucket for a couple of weeks, I had an account which was at 100% full which I used to post pictures up as not always at my home laptop and it had been fine for about a year then I have to pay to gain access to delete some pictures, 1 have another account with plenty of space left and that's fine, well I think you can see my picture?

Can you let me know if you can see this???

If you still want to use photobucket just don't get to 100% storage as it maybe blocked.

We need to keep forums like this going as it's a great resource for keeping these cars going, I'm sure there must be other sites we can use or is there a way to post some pictures to this site?

Chat from other forums about this problem...

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.ph ... tobucket_2

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
chopperoli

Post by chopperoli »

yeah this is a real problem, it's totally screwed over most forums. no one is going to go to the effort of re-hosting their stored pics elsewhere and editing all their old posts to update the image URL links

bengould

Post by bengould »

The issue isn't the amount of photos you have, it's Photobucket being money grabbing b@st@rds.
They have changed their T&Cs to block all 3rd party hosting unless you pay for the highest level account from them.

There has been a lot of discussion about this on the various forums I use.

All is not quite lost for old threads, the pictures can still be accessed if you right click and open in a new tab, they just don't show as part of the thread anymore.

Unfortunately unless they go back on this decision nothing is likely to sort this out in the near future.

I have now started to use http://www.imgur.com to host my pictures instead and have advised all users of the cub forum I help run to do the same. I won't be sorting all my old threads, but anything new I post anywhere will not be via Photobucket.

Ben

essextom

Post by essextom »

they want $39.99 per month for third party hosting i think. mental.

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

If we all signed up to that subscription they owners would be millionaires over night!
It's just a silly amount of money to be asking every person who has a photobucket account to pay. :-(

What sites are you now using to post up pictures, I've tried to post a picture from my phone on here and it's saying "it's to large"

Any plans to update the website so we can post pictures on here?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

If you click the "tinypic" link below, that will allow you to post an image directly onto the forum. I've never had a problem with photos being too large.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX