The Rieger has come home!

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
eefy
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Rieger GTO Scirocco - 2012 Kickstart

Post by eefy »

18mpg, not had it that bad since i owned a V6 Auto Alfa 166 lol loved that car.

well fingers crossed the cars ready for the National meet mate, i may be soring out local meet in the run up if you'd be interested :)

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

sounds good eefy, let me know when you get something sorted.

1991 Wide Arched Rieger Scirocco.....

Good things come to those who wait!!!!
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Went down to the unit tonight and did abit on the beast - its been a while but thought i need to take the plunge and get started on her again! Its nice walking in there, loads of space, just me, the rieger and the RS2000, its like wide arch city!!

First job I wanted to do was to clean all the rust off the floor in the boot, then mount the cage and make start on with the false floor thats going to cover the boot and back seat area.

floor before:

Ive not painted it up yet, i am going to do that after i got the cage mounted... so on with doing the cage..

bit of fun with the jigsaw and we have half the floor ready for carpeting. Got a good idea what is going to be sat in the boot - my spare alloy.
285/50/15 Compomotive CXN :hehe: the plan is to put my Vibe Amp & 6 x 9s that came out of the parcel shelf behind the the seat. Hoping it will look good, what do you think?

Good nights work really.. after the floor is done, im going to tackle the engine.

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Class.

What you thinking of covering the false floor with? Got a shed load of really nice acoustic carpet I can send you a link to.

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Something like that dude, I want it black to match the rest of the carpet in there.
Send us a link to it pal, I might have it off your hands.

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Carried on with making my floor over the weekend. I painted all of the boot with black hammerite paint then finished building the false floor. Its pretty much ready for carpeting now. I decided to go with a slightly different style than usual, so planned to have it angled (peaking in the middle) rather than a flat floor running from front to back.

What do you think to it? Thought it broke up the back abit, and as no body is going to be sitting in there due to the cage, taking up abit more space isnt really a problem i didnt think. I'm going to get the carpet ordered, and try and get the interior completed before moving on to the engine.

And yeah – on Saturday some lady crashed into me whilst I was stationary waiting for the car infront to turn right..... So I am on with sorting out insurance people. I’m not really hurt, but I expect the car will be written off which is a pain. Such a shame too, I loved that Evo!!!

Gutted is not the word!! Hopefully though with the payout i should be able to get myself a new ride!!!

eefy

Post by eefy »

Glad you making progress mate :)

with all you accidents during this build its a wonder if it will ever get finished lol

gutted about the Evo :( but glad you okay :)

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

This is a fair point eefy - but i am slowly plodding on.

Has anybody done a Mitusbishi / VAG hybrid?!? going to see if i can buy the car back from the insurance company!!! haha..

eefy

Post by eefy »

hmmmm 4 wheel drive and we'll say no more lol :mafia:

DT1

Post by DT1 »

Did the other driver even brake?

I can't imagine the driver you got shunted into was too happy either!

Glad you are OK though.

Dutch GT

Post by Dutch GT »

That was a bit of a shock just seeing it scroll up here, never mind being in it when dipsy ran into you! You have some bad luck dont you?!

Good luck with getting your money back... As for the hi-fi, are you considering weight? I have bought bits and bobs for my golf but don't want to add loads of bulk to the boot if I can help it. May use a 10" sub just to keep box dimensions down, and even make it removable to use on long journeys only.

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Yeah I have been thinking about the weight issue, but think its pretty similar to standard as i have removed the seats, parcel shelf and all bracketry. tbh though its never going to get raced, its more to make it look nice - i dont think a few extra KGs will make too much difference. Wasnt going to run a sub, just those 6x9s

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Blooody hell - 3months since I last did some work on the Rieger and updated this thread. Too much time spent on other things, like stripping the Evo, fixing the Integra after Hydro-locking the engine in the recent floods, messing with the garage and garden and other bits n bobs... Time goes FAR TOO QUICKLY!

Few pics of the cars down in the unit - All not running and needing to be fixed!!! lol

My aim was to have it all done months ago ready for a summer of fun but its not happened again. We do have a bare evo shell ready for the scrap man, a nice bit of cash in the car pot, and a 1/2 done garden... the integra is sold, and a new motor on the way so happy enough!

Anywho, with the National around the corner, and realising i have been wanting to come down to it for the last 3 years, I decided its been too long in storage - the old girl needs to see some daylight and have some wind blown through her vents! Unfortunately it wont be under her own steam, but seeing as the weekend is forecasting sunshine and my mates car transporter is available, I decided I will come and say hi and have a beer!

Granted the beast needs a few hrs TLC before we set off but i have a couple of days dont i.....

See you at the weekend peeps!! :chill: :beers: :hugegrin:

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Chaps wrote: Anywho, with the National around the corner, and realising i have been wanting to come down to it for the last 3 years, I decided its been too long in storage - the old girl needs to see some daylight and have some wind blown through her vents! Unfortunately it wont be under her own steam, but seeing as the weekend is forecasting sunshine and my mates car transporter is available, I decided I will come and say hi and have a beer!
Dedication.

See you Friday/Saturday

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Yes Mate.looking forward to it now, I've never parked it next to another scirocco, let alone 40 off them.

Think people will be surprised with just how wide it is, the arches are awsome, and the wheels.......!!! Photos do not do her justice!!