Project Rouge - 1985 GTL

Scirocco Register members projects

Moderator: Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
GT Matt
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Project Rouge - 1985 GTL

Post by GT Matt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Great news but still park it on my drive when you get bored next time ;-)

GT Matt

1988 Mk2 GTX - See project thread 'Forgotten GTX'
1987 Audi 100CC Avant - 5 pot super load lugger
1974 Citroen CX2000 - For Sale
1974 Skoda S110 LS - turquoise loveliness
1968 Zastava 750S - currently at Rust Republic
2000 Audi TT

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by GTXTRA » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Had a pre-xmas service and checkover down at the Phirm and mostly all in order other than rear box on way out and evidence of slight play in outer cv joints.

Left Rouge with the boys last week, all that now sorted along with a refresh of all the gear shift rods and subsequently spotted ns driveshaft flange seal.

Picked up yesterday, handled foul weather on the a3 and, today, has more than held it's own amongst the modern crap/shatnav pilots infesting the M25 on a round trip to Hertfordshire.

Deserves a clean next week - is this absolutely gopping weather ever fecks off!?

Serial Rocco-ist.........

Jerry Atric
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Jerry Atric » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 am

Wow! Just read the 8 pages of life with the Project Rouge . Fascinating reading and whilst the car is superb, it does show that these cars certainly keep you on your toes with requiring attention. You are lucky in having the " Phirm" presumably relative close , folk who know how to deal with, and treat, the older VeeDubs.

But most of all, I marvel at your dedication to the car when many others would say, enough , and sell it on.

Incidentally, my favourite set of wheels you had on the car were the set you had in the first couple of posts.....looked a bit like Minilite wheels. Very rare I imagine ?

Superb post ! :good: