White lady, Z40 drag killer queen pro street muscle

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
Rusty dan

Re: White lady, Z400 drag killer queen pro street muscle

Post by Rusty dan »

Cheers phil, work has already started and I can not wait to be whoring all the photos about!

Click below for Rocco build pics
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w114 ... occo%20GT/

insanecreations.net
Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

Things been going well with the White lady, parts sorting and categorising was the first job.
Ron then started on the rear axle set up, measuring and mounting the shock mounts on the chassis and axle itself.
The front hubs were Capri 4 stud so were sent away to be filled and redrilled to suit 5x4.5" Ford fitment.
The Front shocks and spindles were hung and the last of the lower arms were made and welded in place to enable us to start on the steering rack.
The four body mounts were fabricated and tacked in place on the sills with the bolts as the body will be removable from the chassis. Ron is making the body mounts for the rear as I type!
Before the week is out I expect we will be well on the way with welding the firewall in place and making headway in to the steering column and floors.

Panhard mount
Panhard bar being turned out to fit the rose joint bungs
Welding in the bungs
Tuddah!
Lower arms (A arms) made up
Tyres fitted to the fronts 14x7
Body mounts made
Looks ok to me but since the Z400 kit was bought I might need to space them a little as its wider

insanecreations.net
Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

So the last week has seen more fabrication and production of the white lady build. Still to come, battery tray, fuel pump mounts, chassis tabs and dash body mounts... Not sure how much more will be done with the budget I had for this phase but safe to say I am pleased with how its coming along and there is plenty I can do that doesnt involve spending at this point

The steel fire wall was made and has started to be permanently attached which should be completed today

Ron set about making the custom steering column and mount which feels awesome in turning

The happy face I had when the dash was put in was a sight!

Seat mount was put in with adjustment of height and tilt

braces made for the front wings to the slam panel and the front clip bracket so I can disconnect the lights and pull the front off

insanecreations.net
Rocco Horror
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: White lady, Z40 drag killer queen pro street muscle

Post by Rocco Horror »

This is looking great! I wouldn't use the wide arch kit - the whole point of pro street is to fit everything under stock bodywork. Wide arch would look best on a roundy roundy track car in my eyes. How long before you are ready for the first runs?

steve bain

Post by steve bain »

Yeah, we need some more updates on this....

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

Sorry for no update on the project.. currently in hiding awaiting the next load of money to be spent.. looking at about £1000 to finish all the fabrication on the chassis and mounting of brackets etc..then off to paint with the chassis and on with making up the tin work to cover it all
I was almost near the magical £1000 and went in to the back of an Audi which wiped me out so started to save again :(
Also have been getting on with my new company doing carpet lining/split charge and windows for vans. this has taken a few quid also.
MUST PULL ONES FINGER OUT AND CONTINUE BUILDING THE DREAM!

Hit a like on www.facebook.com/trimporters

Cheers all

insanecreations.net