My “87 Scala build

Scirocco Register members projects

Moderator: Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
Leighamey123
fill in the right answer: 15

My “87 Scala build

Post by Leighamey123 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:30 pm

So four years ago I started this build after rebuilding my original engine and putting that back in and pulling it out painting the bay twice and some other bits and bobs I thought I start my very first ever thread,

I picked rocky up about 4 and half years ago from derby were I had to drive it back with a clamped rear brake hose as it had split 😂

After a few shows and a few meets I decided that I wanted to rebuild it and do a few mods to make it look a bit cleaner

So the rebuild started after pulling out the old 1.8 carb engine with the Webber I decided to rebuild it.

Put it back in and decided that wasn’t enough power for me so spent the next year or so mucking about doing body work and repairing the engine bay I painted it gold as I was going with a gold and red theme.

I tried to smooth the rain strips but hav recently been told that they crack when they are smooth so had to get rid of that so that was time wasted, also I decided to take the spoiler off and fill the holes there and decided against that and I was going to take the body kit off started that then decided against it, also had plans to change the head lights to mk1 headlights and decided against that ( I guess you can say I wasted a lot of time on this project)

Decided that I didn’t like the gold I had painted the engine so stripped that aswell more time wasted 😂 went through a load of ideas for engines picked up a KR I was going to put in rebuilt that then decided against it decided on a V5 but then I managed to pick up a cheap 20vt, and decided this was a great idea. Let the rebuild commence.

Then a move come about and a new job well two to be fair,two new babies so the scirocco took a back burner.

After all my training for my new job and the fact I now only work 37 hours a week rather than 60 I had a lot a spare time on my hands so I finally got my arse into gear and got sorted.

I’ve painted the bay, made all the mounts for the E36 rad and front mount, sorted out wiring for the engine removed the battery tray, screen wash bottle, header tank and a few other bits.

Got the engine and gearbox ready to go in just need to sort a few bolts out and paint the mounts ready to go on.

I have welded the indicator holes and the Ariel hole on both wings, filled and primed the wings ready to be painted.

So far this is what is done so I’ll add some photos when I can so you can all see the progress or lack off 😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leighamey123
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: My “87 Scala build

Post by Leighamey123 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:37 pm

I forgot to mention in this time I’ve also stripped the front down put new wishbones, bushes and ball joints on, new pads discs and callipers on the front and rear, new brake hoses and pipes, added coil overs all round and have started sorting out some lenso rs5 wheels