Smooth rear light guide

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Smooth rear light guide

Post by essextom »

Hi, i've recently carried out this smooth rear light modification, i have now produced a how to guide for anyone wanting to attempt it themselves. whilst your there you can check out all my Scirocco products!! link here- https://dreadnoughtcustoms.co.uk/pages/diy-mod-guides

james butler

Re: Smooth rear light guide

Post by james butler »

good work dude those lights are pukka

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
essextom

Post by essextom »

Cheers buddy

Kdc169
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Kdc169 »

Hi essextom, just check height on your pdf.. 180? I know a typo.. and like you say check all measurements again. I've gone 1mm bigger on the height to 113mm to allow for curves and I'll put a chamfer to allow bigger bead of sealant.
Will add pictures when done..I'm doing reverse lights first on my damaged light.

essextom

Post by essextom »

Kdc169 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:13 am Hi essextom, just check height on your pdf.. 180? I know a typo.. and like you say check all measurements again. I've gone 1mm bigger on the height to 113mm to allow for curves and I'll put a chamfer to allow bigger bead of sealant.
Will add pictures when done..I'm doing reverse lights first on my damaged light.
ill double check that, thanks mate. yes please send pics when you've done it. got the moulds made for the square parts of the lights now, just idicator lenses to do and i can start supplying kits.

essextom

Post by essextom »

Kdc169 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:13 am Hi essextom, just check height on your pdf.. 180? I know a typo.. and like you say check all measurements again. I've gone 1mm bigger on the height to 113mm to allow for curves and I'll put a chamfer to allow bigger bead of sealant.
was going to update but i remember these are the acrylic sizes i started with, the 180 high amber pieces were to allow enough space to mould the double curvatures, it leaves a fair bit to chop off but makes the moulding easier.