Moderator: Scirocco Register
moser wrote:Had a good weekend on it. Was given permission to spend all Saturday and most of Sunday on the Rocco! I also had to take yesterday off for a delivery so i got another day pottering on it. Ive booked the MOT for this Saturday coming and its mostly ready just a couple of last minute issues to iron out!
Here's a better picture of the boot switch i mentioned previously. Actuates a relay to open the boot. I think in the future i might try and figure a way so it only works with the handbrake on. I also cut some non slip mats for the under trays out of a spare roll i had lying around
A reliable switch means i could properly blank off ans seal the old wiper hole
I took some inspiration from Eefy's how to write up in the skyrocket mag and fitted a usb charge socket. I promise it looks better now the tape is off and the glue is tidied up but i didn't get that picture!
I removed the inserts, reattached the fabric, re-stuck the inserts with gorilla glue and added some nice new shiny inner handles for a bit of bling.
I finished wiring in an old cheap aftermarket set of 4x6 door speakers which will do until the summer when i have the time to get started on the custom door cars for my components. When i put the kenwood hu in the cassette deck wouldn't work so i decided on this old Sony i had lying around. Looks quite neat and does a job. I'm on the look out for a working kenwood that will control the md changer. This one might be repairable but ideally id like one of the old mask style ones!
New parcel shelf clips, thank you essextom!
Boot cleaned and i put some sound deadening in, preparing for the summer. I also put some tyre dressing on the spare, hoping the tester might think i care despite how it looks outside!
I was lucky enough to acquire a brand new set of headlamps from my old work to replace the lamin-x'd ones. I saved them from a skip! As the company had sold all the coaches that they fit they were chucking them out. Hella boxes with VW/Audi on the side! Sadly out of the 4 only 3 came with new surrounds so in on the hunt! My headlight were coming on with the sidelights which worried me because I only noticed it after I had done the relay upgrade. Luckily it wasn't anything i had done and was fixed with a new switch!
There was a lot of cracking and movement from the OS top mount yesterday. Panic! It doesn't seem long ago that a part like that would be held in stock by every local motor factors in the country. As it was i did find some at a GSF but over half hours drive each way. Still it needed to be done so i did it. Went to change the NS too but the top nut wouldn't undo so i am going to attack that later in the week when some spare nuts have arrive, just in case!
Other thing which happened yesterday but have been ok all along were, washer bottle sprung a leak - new ordered, wipers won't self park - new relay ordered (19 + 99, I'll see which arrives first), OS indicators stopped working until I banged the relay - new ordered
Fingers crossed there wont be too long a list when it gets tested, kinda worried because i haven't really had a look underneath it yet!
Thought id finish on a picture of my Frankenstein seats. 911 upper on Corrado base. Not sure if I'll keep them and get them re-trimmed or just junk them for some originals. Its the snugness of the base against the carpet which is my biggest concern. For now I'll chuck a cover over them and forget about it!
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests