DAVES STORM - getting her to this years nationals

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
scrappy1382
fill in the right answer: 15

DAVES STORM - getting her to this years nationals

Post by scrappy1382 »

hey peeps, so here is a little story about my mate daves storm, how we met, became friends, and why he is now on a mission on getting her to this years national event.
6 years ago , he originally had a gts which he sadly crashed and was beyond repair, at this particular time i had spotted his car once before and gave a thumbs up in southsea ( portsmouth ) when i had my champaine gold gt2 ( g98 lth ) and thought " bugger, im no longer the only scirocco driver in the south ) :x
so many months went past and low & behold, basically in the same area i spotted a blue storm, ( untill this point i never knew about the limited edition versions ) ... we basically started chatting and this part is how we became good mates.

He turned up at the 1st national event in his blue 406 estate, boot fully loaded up basically convoying up with me for my 1st event too , just incase mine broke down as we were still working on it at around half 11 at night sorting the gear linkages out ( thanks dave ;-) ) glad mine made it
anyways , now onto his storm. :-)

Quickly and rather urgently he needed another scirocco, silly sod didnt declare his suspension upgrades and at the time believed the possiblity of his insurance getting funny about it. anyways, ironically less than 5 miles away ( dont know how he does it ) he found a storm up for sale for i believe £500 ish . " I'LL HAVE IT :-D " he says, quickly handed over the cash and towed it away with a big grin on his face.
go to the link below to check out his progress and some lovely photos of how it was before the storm defeated his skills and at the time, didnt want anything but to be put away in his garage and left alone.
http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/Sciro ... END%20DAVE

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)
scrappy1382

Re: DAVES STORM - getting her to this years nationals

Post by scrappy1382 »

24th to the 30th,( next friday ) i will be driving down to his place ( undisclosed location ) somewhere near portsmouth, just off m27 towards gosport in a bungalow back garden 8-) to assist with getting hid ready for the 6th august and repraying both too, but mine will/ hopefully getting some touch ups ( passenger wing mainly ) painted

Scirocco Shane
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Good story and fingers crossed for you to complete the car.
Love a blue Storm... I still keep hassling my brother to start restoring his Blue Mk2 Storm which has sat in my parents garage for 6 years!

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

Love a good story and roll on August 6th I say!

Click below for Rocco build pics
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w114 ... occo%20GT/

insanecreations.net
scrappy1382

Post by scrappy1382 »

hi rusty, yes im hoping he is cracking on with it, as there is also due another storm convoying up with my local lot to the first official m40 meet sean set up.

Scirocco Shane