1982 mk2 build

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
mark watson
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 1982 mk2 build

Post by mark watson »

had to throw this one in , brother in laws nutty golf 1 with s2 20 valve with all wheel drive

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

You dont appear to have posted enough pictures of that

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

its been on ice for some time now , he took it out for a blast and blew the gearbox up , so parked it , now i see gremlins have been helping themselves to parts , when the rocco is done i promised to give him a hand to get the golf going again

well after plenty phone calls finally figured out that my stuff has been sitting at the post office for the last 5 weeks , when i asked them what happened they just shrug their shoulders , well i suppose its africa just smile back at them they dont give a damn. then they rattle off in their own lingo , you must see the faces when i talk back to them in the same , i just get jaws dropping and apologies , they pretty much call you everything under the sun and more. but when caught out the look is priceless

well got the motor in today , few snags , the weichers lower brace bar bangs against the sump ( apk motor is alloy sump same as the 20valve ) , not happy with the epytech front mount ( holes are around 15mm out ) will give to the guys in the shop to slot on the milling machine , same problem as ant had with his 20v - the bottom alternator bolt wont go so will drill out alternator like ant did , front anti roll bar wont fit with the 4-1 branch - so a bit of heat will be required to reshape it , then powdercoat again . original oil cap / breather to high for bonnet , so will tap into the blank on the front alloy housing for the breather back to the filter , on the 20v they actually use the same one for the breather.( actually think i have a spare 20v breather lying around )
the 17 inch bbs wheels foul the front caliper carriers , after putting a 5mm spacer they are ok now but not happy with it as they stick out to far so the carriers will go to the milling machine as well , then the coilover adjusting nuts sit right on the tyre so the wheel is tilted out at the mo , so going to lop a coil of the thicker coil and get the nuts above the tyre , i do so want the 205/40/17's to stay on

i think the top cover just finishes off the engine bay and cleans everything up nicely , the cover was the deciding factor when i bought the 8 valve apk , good motor and same block as the 20v turbo.
had a jetta 4 2l years back brand new out the box and still one of the best cars i ever owned , only did 40 000 miles and traded in on a hyundai tucson .
tried to get some good pics of the clutch cable kit in position so the guys can see it better
and i think the throttle facing the passenger side will work well as i will put the filter behind the battery

mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

mark that looking dam good, and clutch cable kit just look cool,much better fit as well,look forward to seeing some pic of seat covers oh yh,chris

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

thx a mill chris , nice chatting tonight

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

going past maybe tommorow just got a few site meetings then will try check up on seats

mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

mark watson wrote:going past maybe tommorow just got a few site meetings then will try check up on seats
nice mark look forward to them, ;-)

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

got pics of the seats chris ( mr alpine22 ) look good , will go well with the red

what do you think off the clutch kit , should solve bulkhead problems

CARiD

Post by CARiD »

Nice engine bay! SOme old school recaros from MK2 golf would fit right in.

mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

mark watson wrote:got pics of the seats chris ( mr alpine22 ) look good , will go well with the red

what do you think off the clutch kit , should solve bulkhead problems

mark seat look dam good,the bulkhead problems well soon be sorted out ;-) look forward to rec more so we can sort the other guys out, that need them , just sorting paint work, then it on to engine bay, :? anyway hope you good mark look forward too seeing more rocco picturs ;-) chris

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

seats on the way chris , with the clutch kits and brake bars
did post everything today , shiiiiite 700 pounds

mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

mark watson wrote:seats on the way chris , with the clutch kits and brake bars
did post everything today , shiiiiite 700 pounds
nice mark,drop me a email bro, ;-) 700 wow that is a [/quote]

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

chriss no sweat it was for everything

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

but the seats with your colour are going to look sweeet , i thinksssss we got the thread spot on.........

mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

mark watson wrote:but the seats with your colour are going to look sweeet , i thinksssss we got the thread spot on.........
i cant wait to fit them mark,yep love the red stitching and logo well match my colour plan for sure,chris