starting a GTX new Project

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
mr alpine92
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: starting a GTX new Project

Post by mr alpine92 »

Ok i thought i do a update on were i am with my GTX,well she ready to go in paint shop know,just waiting for some space,so over the weekend i thought i sort my headlining out as was bit massy,so i end up spray the vinyl with vinyl spray for halford 3 tins done the job very well, and cover very well, ;-) still got some more thing to do too it but sort that out when i pop the windows out,so here some pictures of the headling,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by james butler »

i like it!!! i would be interested to see how this turns out.
can you explain how you got the sunroof panel out me and macc on here have been trying to do a sunroof for a while and we have been struggling with it.
macc recovered his sunroof panel but it was too thick and couldnt get it to work properly with the sunroof plus it rattled.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

james butler wrote:can you explain how you got the sunroof panel out me and macc on here have been trying to do a sunroof for a while and we have been struggling with it.
I managed to get the panel out quite easily following the instructions in Haynes. I've never tried putting one back together again, though.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

as above i always read the haynes made my life easy work out thing,the sun roof is easy to take out and apart to clean and grease up,theres a right way to do this job and haynes till you bud,puls heres a link that got me start off http://www.timbox.net/technotes/sunroof ... /#more-549
should help you out just right,

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

The only reason it might be difficult to remove the panel is if your roof doesn't tilt.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Grumpyguts

Post by Grumpyguts »

Hi mate, is it possible to remove the trim panels without removing the sun roof and how are they secured?

'81 Scirocco Mk1 GLS (RIP)
'87 Scirocco Mk2 GTX
mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

you best to remove the sun roof to get the trim off,it not hard job to do,iv still got 2 put mine back in, when i get her back for the spray shop,