Show & Shine

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
Chris M GT
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Show & Shine

Post by Chris M GT »

I liked the look of my hella fog covers but they are a bit of a bright white compared to the car but I still wanted the Hella logo somewhere so I had some custom graphics made, I've never seen this done before and I quite like it for now.

Last edited by Chris M GT on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

I forgot how much fun I had splitting wheels...

I've chosen to go for the RF instead of RS due to the rarity of them and I think the more angular design will work well on the Scirocco. As well as that they are an 86' build date so in keeping with the age of the car (ticking all the OCD boxes haha)! The graphics company that did the Hella decals is hopefully going to replicate the 'Design 5000' logo and I'm going to have them re-done in two colours as they left the factory where as most are powdered all one colour when re done.

I want to get to some European shows so this all in preparation of 2018 show season.
Last edited by Chris M GT on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WayneMK1
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by WayneMK1 »

Chris M GT wrote:Had a great weekend at VW festival.

Placed Top 10 on the Saturday and got a cool picture with some storm troopers.
Hi Chris, saw the car at Harewood but not you! (we were on the club stand) Car looks great well done,

Wayne

History: 1983CL, 1984Gti, 1990Scala i, Corrado VR6, 1985 Storm, 1991 Scala i,1989 Scala i, Mk3 2.0GT TDI, Current: 1980 Mk1 Storm,
Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

WayneMK1 wrote:
Chris M GT wrote:Had a great weekend at VW festival.

Placed Top 10 on the Saturday and got a cool picture with some storm troopers.
Hi Chris, saw the car at Harewood but not you! (we were on the club stand) Car looks great well done,

Wayne
Hi Wayne,

Thankyou for the kind comment. It would've been good to have a chat. I spent a while looking round the club stand, I liked the Mk1's and a green Mk2 particularly stood out to me. It's exactly something I've been looking for to sit along side mine.

Chris

Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

I had a stupid idea that it would be cool to own a non kitted Scirocco Mk2 as well as my GT. I haven't bitten the bullet but I have it panned out exactly how I want it to look...

Anyone that has one or knows of one for sale please feel free to let me know. I want something I won't mind taking away from original completely.

I've started amassing a few parts so I can get things ready for when I find the right one.

Spare dash just in case I only end up with a shell or something. I have a few ideas for this such as trousers/ retrimming etc.

G Beats

Post by G Beats »

Look's lovely now Chris M GT you got your wheels sorted yet ?

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
G Beats

Post by G Beats »

Chris M GT wrote:I had a stupid idea that it would be cool to own a non kitted Scirocco Mk2 as well as my GT. I haven't bitten the bullet but I have it panned out exactly how I want it to look...

Anyone that has one or knows of one for sale please feel free to let me know. I want something I won't mind taking away from original completely.

I've started amassing a few parts so I can get things ready for when I find the right one.

Spare dash just in case I only end up with a shell or something. I have a few ideas for this such as trousers/ retrimming etc.

Here you are Chris non kit mk 2 I searched out on the inter net for you here http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C846730

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

Managed to get hold of some NOS genuine Bugatti caps for the RF's which should be back ready to be built up next week and had some design 5000 graphics made exactly the same as the originals...

Got a few more bits coming up over the next few weeks.

Last edited by Chris M GT on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

So after 3 months of waiting I have finally collected my freshly painted RF centres. Most people just go for one single colour and powder coat these. I wanted to keep the original two tone look so had them hand painted to ensure that they are period correct. All in all there was around six hours masking to ensure every single line was as good or better than they left the factory. I have gone for two VW colours been Reflex silver and Indium grey with extra metal flair to keep the VW theme going. Cant wait to get them built over winter and on the car ready for next year.

Jack92
Site Admin

Post by Jack92 »

images don't seem to be working chris

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

IMG_7135.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

Well I managed to get a centre cap picture on but not an actual wheel centre because it says the file is too large???? This will have to do :p

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

Should have painted them one colour and the picture would have worked

Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

BlackGTX wrote:Should have painted them one colour and the picture would have worked
One colour would have been too easy, it's good to be different!

Chris M GT

Post by Chris M GT »

Finally got a set of UK spec early GTI lights, been after these for a while and turned out the seller only lives a few miles away and I've never seen his Rocco'! These will be rebuilt with new lamps and coated frames etc, good news is the trims are perfect just require painting.