My roc is older than me

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
connorj19
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: My roc is older than me

Post by connorj19 »

Bigmills74 wrote:I'll be watching this thread closely Connor as i will be embarking on the same conversion next year, be interesting to see how you overcome the dbw setup
I've got both drive DBW pedal & throttle body, also got a cable operated throttle body like on the older AGU engines, when I had my loom converted the guy said I should stick with the DBW setup as the car likes it best, there is a company in the states sells a bracket so the new electronic pedal setup just bolts in nicely. Probably could be made up from some nice steel plate etc.

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Slow progress to get even slower. 2017 for the engine swap Image

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Nice broken finger holding progress

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

connorj19 wrote:Slow progress to get even slower. 2017 for the engine swap Image

Downpipe in the post

Bill
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Bill »

OOO get well soon chap.

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Bill wrote:OOO get well soon chap.
Was planning on swapping the engine n getting it running over the weekend and following week but guess its going to next year now.

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Just opened an email from the exhaust place and they dont make the downpipe in right hand driver ovb as they only have lhd cars in germany, the steering uj gets in the way.. qpeng dont do them anymore so will have to be a custom job adding more expense to the build

bengould

Post by bengould »

Speak to Willie at dubnutz. He makes them, excellent quality 2.5 or 3 inch. I have one of his on my Corrado.

http://www.dubnutz.epageuk.com

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

bengould wrote:Speak to Willie at dubnutz. He makes them, excellent quality 2.5 or 3 inch. I have one of his on my Corrado.

http://www.dubnutz.epageuk.com
Cheers ben ive contacted him via his facebook page dubnutz, but the workshop is shut until 4th of January. No rush cant work with a broken finger anyways

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

After a conversation with mathew from trackslag exhausts, i have decided to go down the k04 route, as the k03 downpipe sits dangerously close to the steering joint. I want to drive this car, and occasionally track it. Having the engine mounts sheer and the exhaust sit on the steering joint and locking it up wouldn't be fun. Ive already had the bonnet come up on this car before and another mishap would not be nice. Plus k04 has more power available should i want to tune further.
I have bought a k04 turbo complete with oil n water lines, exaust manifold and inlet manifold..

connorj19

Re: 1991 20v turbo k04

Post by connorj19 »

connorj19 wrote:After a conversation with mathew from trackslag exhausts, i have decided to go down the k04 route, as the k03 downpipe sits dangerously close to the steering joint. I want to drive this car, and occasionally track it. Having the engine mounts sheer and the exhaust sit on the steering joint and locking it up wouldn't be fun. Ive already had the bonnet come up on this car before and another mishap would not be nice. Plus k04 has more power available should i want to tune further.
I have bought a k04 turbo complete with oil n water lines, exaust manifold and inlet manifold..

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Oh and as my finger healed nicley last month i put the g60 brakes on, looaaads of stopping power but pedal travel is a tad long.. can sombody tell me how to change the title of this thread please

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

To change to title of your thread go to your 1st post and click the edit icon in the 1st post and you should be able to click in the subject box and change the title.

I think that will change it but I could be wrong....

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323