My roc is older than me

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
connorj19
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: My roc is older than me

Post by connorj19 »

Polishing the bonnet before sapping to the J Reg car Image

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

My first Rocco looking rather sad for its self in the workshop before fitting new bonnet, those clips that hold in the hinges in place are rather awkward to remove but they gave up on the end Image Image and a quick snap of the new motor for Rocco 1.8t AUM with 02a gearbox. Waiting on clutch n flywheel and brakes are due in the post

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Brakes arrived, these are corrado G60 280mm fronts, they came complete, carrier, caliper & sliders n bolts. All need a refurb n paint but all in good time as I still need retroaction brakets, disk pads & new hoses. Image Image should I use corrado hoses or mk2 caliper hoses? I can imagine the thread into caliper being the same perhaps

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Don't often allow my rocco's to be out in the rain but I got caught short today, weren't out long but guess megs ultimate wax beads well Image

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Image Black diamond disks arrived, along with epytec adapters, just waiting of pads then have a trial fit to see if the wheels will need spacing to clear the calipers

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Has anybody used these webcon swirl pots n fuel pumps ? There all in one unit. Seeing as mk2 gti bits are hard to come by I though you could get away with this in the spare wheel well. Bit expensive but if it works it works Image

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Got a little bored so had some expenditure Image can you use the standard stud and space with washers to meet the pulleys of the 20 valve?

bengould
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by bengould »

Yes, think I used 3 or 4 washers and it brought it into line perfectly.

Ben.

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

bengould wrote:Yes, think I used 3 or 4 washers and it brought it into line perfectly.

Ben.
Thanks Ben full of knowledge you are :)

bengould
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by bengould »

connorj19 wrote:
bengould wrote:Yes, think I used 3 or 4 washers and it brought it into line perfectly.

Ben.
Thanks Ben full of knowledge you are :)
Most of it totally useless.

Ben

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Got a little bored after mornings shift at work so decided I'd pull the Rocco over the pit for a little reminder of how it was underneath.. Anyways I ended up test fitting the g60 front brake setup I've got waiting

First up I've never upgraded brakes at work just replace & refit so I was quite impressed at how well the epytec adapters were, these are genuine epytec. There nice & beefy and look up to the job. The securing bolts have a tensile strength of 10.8 so seem up to the job. I will be securing with thread lock also. Not that i think they'll come loose it would just be better if they didn't that's all Image

Enough clearance when the black diamond 280mm X 22mm disk is fitted, carrier mounts up lovley to the adapters. Now I didn't get to test fit my wheels which is what I aimed to do in the start but I couldn't find any bolts to hold the carrier to adapters but will be getting some tomorrow ( Monday )
If anybody is considering these and are confused as to which calipers to use, I've used Lucas 54's which are apparently the same as girling 54's just the website don't mention the use of Lucas parts. Enough talking Image Image

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Not been on for a while but the 1.8t should be going in soon, I've got the mounits, flywheel & clutch kit. Gear change is in the post. Just waiting on some gasket kits to arrive then get some paint on the engine before fitting. I've started with the rocker top & inlet manifold first
Image probably should have masked the throttle body oops, no paint got inside

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

I've had the harness converted to it fits to the ignition switch here's a diagram for anyone who's after one Image

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Also not a volkswagen but the new addition needs quite a bit of attention Image

Bigmills74

Post by Bigmills74 »

I'll be watching this thread closely Connor as i will be embarking on the same conversion next year, be interesting to see how you overcome the dbw setup