The Roccie Horror Show

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
isaidthephil
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: The Roccie Horror Show

Post by isaidthephil »

Haha no way, what are the chances =)

I've done the brake lines now although I think I need to bleed them again really. Just got a couple of electrical faults to sort and I should be back in the game =) I will have to pop up and see you and your project sometime?

I got rid of loads of stuff earlier this year, annoying that I didn't know you were in the rocco scene.

Little_bro
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Little_bro »

Roccos brakes can be evil to get right. I've had mine a month and have ended up rebuilding the calipers all new hoses pads, discs and fitted a mk2 golf 16v servo and master cylinder. Has taken a couple of rebleeds to get the air out. Just got to bed in the brakes. Will pm my number

isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil »

Break through everybody :) so the other week I received my new coil thanks to Mr Cook and and got I fitted....... I then had a glorious spark!!
Next was the issue with with the fuel pump fuse blowing every time I turned the key. Initial thoughts were there was somewhere SO we opted to pull the seats and carpets out again to trace the wiring back...... nothing wrong at all :s So for shits and gigs we decided to stick a 20 amp fuse in over a 15 amp (as recommended in the manual)....... dun dun dunnnnn Bobs your amazing uncle it bloody worked =) appears the Facet pump just needed a bigger fuse.

Couple of turn overs and bish bash bosh the old boy is alive again as you can see below:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0c6erd ... e=youtu.be

Due to being stood for a little while a few fuel lines needed replacing (bit weird as they weren't that old) but to be honest it wasn't the best stuff. i will be replacing everything with good quality braided stuff in the next 6 weeks or so along with proper fuel line clips and a new Filter King fuel regulator / filter.

So this all done I still had a couple of electrical issues which I left at the time due due to running out of time. But tonight i got down there and got them all fixed :)

Main Beam constantly on - Due to messing with all the steering column etc the stalk had simply unclipped
Right Indicator worked but left didn't. When you flicked left it just made a buzz and only the side repeater came on without flashing - turns out 1. the earth had pulled out of the connector on the stalk. 2. the connections where the bulbs sat were corroded. Simple clean up and new bulbs and they worked perfectly :)

That all done now means that my car is in full working order =D YESSSSSSS all i need to do now is connect up the accelerator and adjust the clutch before I could realistically put it in for MOT. HOWEVER this still won't be happening for a while as i want to mint up the engine bay, replace all the fuel lines, replace the brake servo / master cylinder to a 16v like "Little_bro" suggested. Get my boot build sorted along with a new black roof lining AND have all the little scratches / chips sorted. I am however aiming to have all this done in the next 8 - 12 weeks in time for Ultimate Dubs =)

I am also toying with some new carbs so i can get a decent fitting filter. These GSXR ones are a mare to find bits for....... but not sure yet.

Below is a pic of Frank all bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Little_bro
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Little_bro »

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page= ... misc&id=28. Shows you the servo upgrade with a 16v kr engine.

eefy

Post by eefy »

Awesome Phil, cant wait to see this on the road :)

isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil »

Corrado VR6 Seats in ready for the trimmers :)

isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil »

Lots of new parts are beginning to arrive :) woop woop!!

isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil »

2 weeks till Ultimate Dubs and i have ALOT to do :s seats go in to the trimmers this week, the wrest of the interior will have to wait until after the show.

Nice new Filter King fuel regulator / filter and Gauge :) Also nice new stainless braided fuel line..... need to fit it all properly this week.

Fitted some new rubber to the shoes..... fitted them myself too :) admittedly I scuffed the rims a little but oh well I can now change a tyres and do a stretch :)

Strut Braces :)

Professional detail booked in for next week too.... also getting taught how to do it properly at the same time :)

Busy Busy

isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil »

Just over a week until UD, my car is on axle stands without an MOT and the trimmers have let me down..... this is looking promising :s Going to be some late nights this week i think.

On a plus, my new Manifold arrived today courtesy of DubPower :)

isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil »

I made it to Ultimate Dubs guys :) here is how the series of events took place;

Wednesday night, make all boot build and carpet it with a womans touch :) nice bit of bf/gf time up the unit.

Thursday day - MOT........ Failed on front brake lines being dangerous / brakes binding. This is what happens when you rush them
Thursday night - Re make all brake line and fix in place
Friday day - work and worry about whether I will get everything done in time
Friday night - Clean and detail;

Saturday Morning - MOT Re-test....... PASSSSSS :)

Saturday Afternoon - first ever proper drive of the car 60 miles to Ultimate Dubs........ Alternator dies and I have to be jump started 4 times

Push it into Ultimate Dubs

Sunday Evening - Sit about for three hours waiting for RAC to come with a flat bed..... they don't come.... arrange for the car to be delivered home Monday afternoon

Monday afternoon - car is received safe and sound and locked up:)

isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil »

It's been a while since I last posted and tbh I haven't done much just a few meets covering only 1200 miles lol. Over the past few months i did a little tinkering for 2016 which I have shown below but I intend to have the engine out over the next couple of months to clean up all the bay and engine. I will post updates of that when I do it as I will also be replacing the Bike Carbs for Weber Twin 40's :)

I had my wheels re-powder coated in gold at Ashton Powder Coaters in Ashley;

And I had some Custom decals made up by a local firm called Vital Signs;

All in all it cam out well I think and even got a snap in PVW at UD16:)

Let me know your thoughts :) aim for this year is just tidying really. I am going to tidy up all the bay then hopefully turn my attention to the paint as there are a few annoying blemishes. Next year will be when I finally turn my attention to the interior and do some more tinkering :)

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

Looks good. I've always thought that some kind of trim along the swage line where you've put the gold stripes is a good thing. VW always put something there and as a design feature it helps to reduce the visual weight of the body.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil »

Cheers buddy :)