Scirocco Scala D308 FPY BBS RS content

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
tdi_phil

Re: Scirocco Scala D308 FPY

Post by tdi_phil »

Thanks guys.

So after working until 12:30 on monday night changing the cam belt and timing it all up the car drives perfectly to the MOT station yesterday morning, if not a little high revs on tick over.

Here it is awaiting its assessment.

anyway crack open a bottle of you best Babycham... Rocco's on the road. Whoop whoop

Only advisories were one tyre and the back box which I though it might have failed on as the whole lower outta skin has come away (I pulled it off) so there's my excuse for a full stainless really.

Also the metalic noise I've been worried about has been diagnosed as pinking so just need the dizzy fine tuning.

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by the edmundator »

If you're using standard unleaded, that might be the cause of your pinking. All except the 1.6 carb models are set up for 98 RON. I think that gives you a choice of V-power or that Tesco 99 stuff. BP and Esso only have 97 (which is still going to be better than 95).

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
porkymcchop

Post by porkymcchop »

crikey thats close to my reg!! i think yours and mine must have come out of the same dealer. very nice job on this mate, looking lush

tdi_phil

Post by tdi_phil »

not been back here in a while, with the weather on our side today i popped out with the rocco and the mk3 after that for some new snaps.

here they are.

Jack has never been used, possibly never unhooked tbh

Oh and originally i had thought the car was off the road since 1997, but after looking through all the documents and how the mileage corresponded, i had an inkling it had been off the road for a little bit longer, then i came across this... so it looks to be possible that the car hadn't ten tarmac since 1991-1992 :huh:

and heres a few of the MK3 for anyone who might like to see. It an original 16v Anniversary with 35k on the clock with FSH and its also currently for sale due loosing my storage space. :crying:

thanks for looking

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

Looking nice. Do you have this for sale on Car and Classic?

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
tdi_phil

Post by tdi_phil »

it is indeed for sale on car and classic, I've had dribs and drabs of interest so far but mostly swaps.

heres the link if anyone else is interested.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C321488

tdi_phil

Post by tdi_phil »

heres a few pictures from the weekend and VW festival, wearing its new boots... BBS RS001 8" all round

on the way hanging my camera out or the window

and a few from the show field

Hope you like.

GTXTRA

Re: Scirocco Scala D308 FPY BBS RS content

Post by GTXTRA »

stunning stance/look - and the e38 thread is highly amusing.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
tdi_phil

Post by tdi_phil »

GTXTRA wrote:stunning stance/look - and the e38 thread is highly amusing.
thanks mate, its a controversial one at that, and you'll have probably seen Vick N's post, he was one of the judge's at the show and he very kindly let me know that if i hadn't had to leave early (due to some serious family circumstances) it would have picked up a trophy.... Gutted, absolutely gutted as it was its first show entry anywhere and I've been waiting since January when i go the car to enter it at VWFestival.... but i wouldn't/couldn't have done anything else and to be honest id have looked like the most ungrateful, worried winner if i had stayed and it had won. Although it would have made my year in reality. Still family before cars any day.

loved seeing the rocco register stand stand too, some real nice examples and it was just nice to see so many of the roccos all together.

daveyg

Post by daveyg »

I had a read of the edition thread, i know its a completely different type of forum but peoples opinions are a bit strong in their hatred of the scirocco yet their acceptance of an arosa etc!!
Stunning looking car by the way :hi:

james butler

Post by james butler »

hi there tdi_phil,
that white mark 2 golf you had, did any of its history hale from the kings heath area birmingham at all? especially the 1st and second owner? the registration seem very very familiar and so does the car.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Chris M GT
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Chris M GT »

Nothing like digging up and old thread!

Can anyone tell me if the BBS RS are the 15" or 16" please?

Thanks