GT ABF with ITBs

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
scirockirb
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: GT ABF with ITBs

Post by scirockirb »

scirockirb wrote:
mr.brown wrote:
I'm pretty sure I have an ABF dizzy - albeit of unknown quality - if that one doesn't work out.
Any chance you could have a look for me sir... I've been a bit heavy handed in the dark with a spanner this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scirockirb
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: GT ABF with ITBs

Post by scirockirb »

Thanks very much Mr Brown. The new to me distributor and a good clean and retighten of the earth points did the trick and it's running like a dream.

Now I am running, I feel happier posting my rolling road graph. It was live mapped on an emulator and my chip was rewritten to sort the fuelling as best as possible.

4 hours on the rollers... 172bhp was roughly what I was expecting. The torque line was impressive though. The mapper said that the intake I have on the the throttle bodies was restricting the bhp figure in comparison to trumpets but it gave constant torque from the high 2s right to the limiter. I'll take torque over bhp figures all day!

While I was in the garage I fit the gauges in a Dreadnought Customs triple pod. The gauges aren't wired yet but I've fit them because I fabricated some bracing to better support the relocated head unit. Now some shopping for loom building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk