Out of the blue GT2

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Out of the blue GT2

Post by mark1gls »

I've the same problem with my heater panel, was it hard to get the back off? I tried but was worried about breaking something.

Do you have the maplins part number for the bulb so I can order one?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Aflinds
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Aflinds »

Hey Mark, not difficult to remove if you have patience and possibly a small amount of heat.... unfortunately I didn't posses either of the above and cracked part of it! Easily repairable mind.
With two small screwdrivers, ran one down between each panel and used the other to tease apart and break the glue...

Maplin details:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aflinds

Post by Aflinds »

Concerned? Don't be...
The scirocco has been out for an MOT. It needed some work to get it through with the advisory list done at the same time and all manner of smaller items [emoji1417]
I wasn't in a rush to get it back as a different 4 wheeled opportunity came about in the Roccos absence and space is soon to become an issue now it's back [emoji849]
Picked it up
Pleased to have it home
Since had a few drives and you can really notice the difference now the carb has been tuned [emoji1417]

With the plan to drive it Sunday with a couple of other cars I thought I would bite the bullet with a couple of cosmetic issues...
Where the bumpers have been sprayed before patches of black where coming through, I wouldn't imagine it's a permanent fix but first time spraying so here goes...
Bumpers off
Went about removing glue residue from and old GB sticker (I presume) and cleaning up as best I could
Did the rear bumper first as this had one small section which was easily patched, but I'd imagine once all dry this will be noticeable...
This went together and went back on the car with minimal issue, all surfaces for either cleaned, oiled or copper slipped.
Next was the slightly testing front (cue amusing action shot)
This had marks all over so decided rather than a patch repair, to go over the whole thing. Masked up the black strip and went for it. New issue: keep black or make white?
Gave the fog lights a once over also
Between the fog light brackets and the fact the bumper has had a altercation in the past, I couldn't get it to sit right so I may have to replace this to achieve that . It is corroded so no bad thing.

She's no concourse but happy with how the repairs went considering, certainly improves on the black marks on a white car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

Whats been going on with this