Time for a change!!

Discussion relating to the IROC concept and Scirocco 2008 onwards
mazellann
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Time for a change!!

Post by mazellann »

I still wish i had my mk3, will hopefully get another in the future.

Good luck with the new Polo mate, lovely cars :good:

johnnyfication
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by johnnyfication »

Cheers mate, to be fair im not sad to see it go, it came with loads of promise and to me at least it never lived up to the hype, i suppose having a Corrado vr6 aswell was the final nail, i.e. better looking, drives soo much nicer, not too much difference fuel wise etc

'93 Corrado 2.0 16v - Gone
'95 Corrado 2.9 VR6 Storm
'09 Scirocco GT 2.0tsi - Gone
'12 Polo Bluemotion - Gone
'10 BMW 320D touring M sport
wigit

Post by wigit »

Johnny after mine went back to standard I have to admit it I'd nothing for me, I thought I'd miss it but the Edition 35 is better in every way and feels better quality even before it was mapped, I think I miss what I did to it, good luck with the olop, bluemotion is best one in the range

58 Scirocco GT Rising Blue & 58 GTI Pirelli
johnnyfication

Post by johnnyfication »

Thanks, the polo is a great little car and believe it or not, to me at least, it feels like you can drive it unlike the mk3 where you feel that it the electronics thats doing it all and as such the mk3 feels sterile and not connected to anything that you do

'93 Corrado 2.0 16v - Gone
'95 Corrado 2.9 VR6 Storm
'09 Scirocco GT 2.0tsi - Gone
'12 Polo Bluemotion - Gone
'10 BMW 320D touring M sport
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

My wifes Polo was rubbish, so many faults, electric problems, brake wear warning light coming on and off for no reason, engine management light coming on, over fueling, faulty coil packs, front bushes needing replacing after 40,000 miles, front tyres dont last long (we used continental tyres not cheap rubbish), water temperature sensor fauty so difficult so start when hot, needed a new clutch slave cyinder.............

The car was 4 years old when we brought it and had a full VW service history and I got it serviced at VW and after 3 years of things going wrong I was glad to see the back of the car.

I hope you have better luck with yours, perhaps the wifes Polo was made on a late friday afternoon..

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
old_school
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by old_school »

i had similler paint problems with my mk3he flaking paint was really bad on the sill and the rear arch started rusting the dealers sorted it for me this was only 6 months ago