mk3 cabin noise

Discussion relating to the IROC concept and Scirocco 2008 onwards
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

mk3 cabin noise

Post by james butler »

a mate of mine has bought a mk3 scirocco and has complained about the cabin noise being unusually loud.
bearing in mind he chopped in a 320i se which are soft as anything on the road, would you say that a lot of road noise is normal?

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
mr.brown
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: mk3 cabin noise

Post by mr.brown »

Road noise can be a very subjective thing. Take him for a ride in a mk1 or mk2, then see what he thinks.

Also get him to check the noise rating of his tyres.

scirockirb

Post by scirockirb »

I've got a 320 E90 and the only thing that lets it down is the amount of road noise, particularly on motorways. I just turn the stereo up! If it was my own car, not the company's, I would have experimented with tyres to reduce the noise so I second Mr Brown's suggestion... Or go all out and sound proof everything.

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

I have to say the cabin noise is the only thing to let the mk3 roc down, mine has the 19" wheels with 235/3519 tires and on smooth Tarmac it's nearly silent, but on a rough road it's awful, so the radio volume goes up. Also driving on motorways you get some wind noise probably due to the pillar less doors and relying on the window sliding up into the seal

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by james butler »

connorj19 wrote:I have to say the cabin noise is the only thing to let the mk3 roc down, mine has the 19" wheels with 235/3519 tires and on smooth Tarmac it's nearly silent, but on a rough road it's awful, so the radio volume goes up. Also driving on motorways you get some wind noise probably due to the pillar less doors and relying on the window sliding up into the seal
that would make sense.
i had a 2011 mini cooper once and it was a cracking car apart from the road noise from the runflat tyres it had on.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!