Bonnet Query (Filmidget)

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Junglist
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Bonnet Query (Filmidget)

Post by Junglist »

They're mk1's aren't they?

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage
MrD

Post by MrD »

Err yeah,my bad :blush:

6 point cage,Koni`s,lower front brace,rear brace,goodridge hoses,4,2,1,supersprint back box,k+n,kent gs2h,vernier,skimmed and ported head,alloy fuel tank.catch tank,Short shift ,9A soon.
MrD

Post by MrD »

Me again with another bonnet idea.
Been thinking the last time i was up the scrappy,that there were at least 3 big box vans down there.
All of them with fibreglass sides,all intact and in reasonable condition.
What i am thinking of trying /looking into is possibly removing the bracing from the bonnet,but keeping it intact,doing away with the metal skin,then attempting to rivet / bond a big sheet of fibreglass in it`s place :hugegrin:
Now this is only an idea at the moment,not sure how flexible it would be,as the bonnet has ridges in ,and a lip at the front,i assume it could be scored,and bent ? or is there somehing that would re soften the resin so it could be bent into shape ?

6 point cage,Koni`s,lower front brace,rear brace,goodridge hoses,4,2,1,supersprint back box,k+n,kent gs2h,vernier,skimmed and ported head,alloy fuel tank.catch tank,Short shift ,9A soon.
filmidget

Post by filmidget »

Can't see that being much, if any, lighter than a steel skin with a trimmed frame... plus I think it will look a bit crap.

'82 GTI 'CagedRoc' - MG Midget - Volvo 850 T5 - Citroen C2 GT - Lilac Trailer Custodian
Current owned:roadworthy factor = 75% (personal record)
Boumsong

Post by Boumsong »

Just bin your bonnet all together, get down B&Q and buy a sheet of 4mm thick poly and some bonnet pins.

2k Painter and Powdercoater