My new carb

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Vic
fill in the right answer: 15

My new carb

Post by Vic »

So I purchased a Weber carb for a manual gearbox just before lockdown. I bought all the parts to refurbish it and convert it to an auto gearbox version. Fitted it and then lockdown kicked in.
Finally managed to get out in it last night. Brilliant. The 62 plate Audi behind me did eventually catch on. It needs bit of tweaking but for the moment it will do. It wallows like a bus round corners so I need to look into that. I've temporarily fitted one of my Mk2 Golf sports seats. I did that as I can't see the nsf corner which I get a bit protective of. That's going as its like being in the bus again. I do have the Scirocco version so I'll rebuild them and try that. It's nice to get a smile on your face.

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: My new carb

Post by mark1gls »

Good to hear you got it going and out for a drive. :good:

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
C 20 CCO
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: My new carb

Post by C 20 CCO »

My Rocco comes out in the summer, like you it never fails to put a smile on my face! Glad you’re enjoying your freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kind regards,

Dave.

To be old and wise......
You must first be young and stupid!

Previously owned: 1984 1.6 CL in alpine white; 1986 1.6 GT in met light blue over black body kit; 1990 1.8 GT2 in silver.
Currently: 1991 GT2 in Pearl green metallic.