Exhaust manifold??

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
RoccoJimbo
fill in the right answer: 15

Exhaust manifold??

Post by RoccoJimbo »

Hi all,
For years I have wanted to fit a 4-2-1 stainless manifold to my Rocco but have always fell short when contacting a supplier about the fitment, RHD or LHD..
I have been told & read over the years that there is a slight difference between the two & that one type fouls on the other platform & vice-versa. (LHD-RHD or RHD-LHD).
I had a stainless middle & back box built for my Rocco a few years back, 2"bore with as close to original size silencers possible, it has a better sound but a 4 branch will compliment it more & help my engine to breathe better whilst trying to squeeze a few more ponies out of her.
I've got the toilet bowl type downpipe with cast manifold.
A long bit of 'waffle' to ask... What have you got on your motors,where did you get it from & price.
I've seen some on fleabay but not sure.
Please help.. want more ponies .

1990 Tornado Red Scala.
JHD
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Exhaust manifold??

Post by JHD »

I’ve got an RHD 1.6 with a Stainless 4-2-1. Got it off of classic-vw for about £175 I believe. Bolted on with ease took me and my mate maybe half an hour. Would definitely recommend that one if you have a RHD model.