Mk2 GT2 exhaust recommendations

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Jimbog
fill in the right answer: 15

Mk2 GT2 exhaust recommendations

Post by Jimbog »

Hi Folks, ive been on here for a while and keep meaning to post up my car etc. For now, whilst sitting down waithing for the footy to kick off i am looking into exhaust systems as my back box has corroded where it meets the centre pipe so i need something quickly.

I dont have a big budget at the moment but could stretch to about £250. I need a full system, excluding down pipe and manifold and was wondering if there were any recommendations. I want something that sounds good and has a single neat tail pipe. Ive been looking at Jetex mild steel systems. Any good? Can really afford a custom stainless system at the moment.

Any help appreciated.

Jimbo

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Mk2 GT2 exhaust recommendations

Post by james butler »

hi jimbo welcome to the forum.
many people have differing opinions on exhausts but i found the jetex didnt fit properly so had to modify it to fit so it wouldnt bang on the floor.
it also rotted out in 4-5 years so i wasnt too impressed, that said it lasted longer than a kwick fit exhaust!
i had a custom stainless exhaust made for my gt2 (middle pipe and back box) for £250 FITTED which is the same price if not cheaper than the jetex inc fitting and comes with a lifetime warrenty.
the downpipe and manifold however i have stuck with a 6 stud gti manifold and down pipe as it works well and unlikely to rot out.
there are many aftermarket stainless steel ones so best let the other members recommend one.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by james butler »

oh yeah dont forget the jetex is top end of your budget and DOESNT include manifold or down pipe so you will need to budget a bit more to include that

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Jimbog
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Jimbog »

Thanks for the info James. The search continues for now.