Any interest in rescuing a GT2?

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
blakey
fill in the right answer: 10

Any interest in rescuing a GT2?

Post by blakey »

A friend of mine told me he'd seen a white Scirocco sat in a corner in a Ford breakers in Nottingham (Mainline), so I went to have a look in case I could get a few bits for my Scala. It turns out it is for sale, so I couldn't have anything off it.

It's a 'H' plate GTII in white, with 175k on the clock, apparently it has stacks of history with it and it also runs but has been of the road for a couple of years.

I had a look around it and it is pretty straight and solid, the fuel tank seem is a bit crusty, and couldn't see the filler neck, sills look good, engine bay is clean too. It has the check interior but the rear seat base is missing, also a glass sunroof - interior is dry. It needs a polish and apparently it was previously vinyl wrapped to look like a DeLorean and the name on the log book was Marty McFly!

It has nothing to do with me, and I can't justify buying at the moment, so it needs rescuing. The guy at the yard wants £1k for it. Reg H851XRB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'89 Sapphire Scala Inj.
Member No. 1455