Hi everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself and my shedrocco

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Hi everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself and my shedrocco

Post by james butler »

one way you can do it but adjusting is a bit more difficult is to put a plank of wood up against the bottom of the wheel and vertically against the arch of the bodywork.
then take a ruler and measure the gap between the top of the wheel and the plank.
or buy a large set of these https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/trend-5 ... ngle-rule/
i have a small set but the large one could be placed against the wheel and the floor to do the same thing (although getting to the adjuster nuts on the suspension is a bit difficult).

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
XUD9TE
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by XUD9TE »

Ive had a change of heart and I'll be listing the car for sale next week. Ill put it on ebay and ill list it on the forum aswell.

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

Got those wasps ready?

A bit to sheddy for casual use?

unknownmale

Post by unknownmale »

james butler wrote:one way you can do it but adjusting is a bit more difficult is to put a plank of wood up against the bottom of the wheel and vertically against the arch of the bodywork.
then take a ruler and measure the gap between the top of the wheel and the plank.
or buy a large set of these https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/trend-5 ... ngle-rule/
i have a small set but the large one could be placed against the wheel and the floor to do the same thing (although getting to the adjuster nuts on the suspension is a bit difficult).
Way too fancy for me, just axle stands on the wishbones on a level surface and a digital level on the hub face :-D

Would be interesting to know how close I got on a hunter.

- David
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by james butler »

to be fair as long as the cambers even you shouldnt have any real issues albeit handling may suffer.
if done right the car should track nice and true.
if you have uneven camber even if you have perfect tracking the car will have a tendancy to pull to one side and the steering at an angle to go in a straight line.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!