Four Bolt Wheel Bolts - Covers?

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
MikeS0000
fill in the right answer: 15

Four Bolt Wheel Bolts - Covers?

Post by MikeS0000 »

Hello Folks -

Starting to get the 1985 Model Scirocco MKII that my son left after he passed up and going. It is a German Market car brought to the US, where it set in a barn for 25+ years. He got it running, then left... :-(

So, I'm hoping I can get some basic help with details that I have no idea about. I've put on new tires, done the rear shocks and am working on the front struts. Amazingly, the BOGE are still available, but made in Mexico, not Germany.

But, I would like to replace the wheel bolts, or put covers on them, whichever was the original state. The wheels are the stock 4-hole alloy config. with the rubber(?) VW logo in the middle.

Could anyone help me with these bolts?

Thanks!
- Mike

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Four Bolt Wheel Bolts - Covers?

Post by mark1gls »

The wheels originally came with 4 plastic covers over the wheel bolts.

Looks like this, I used a silver pen to highlight the VW logo on the centre cap so that's not standard. :-D

Not sure where you can get them in the US but at least this link gives you the part number and a list of other cars which they fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK1-GOLF-Blac ... SwLVZV1ONK

Good website if you want to look at sales brochures.

http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
MikeS0000
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by MikeS0000 »

Thanks again Mark1! I ordered up 16 of them. There are really cheap Chinese made covers, under $8.00 on eBay, but figured I go original.